Timing for the next Fed. election

In the absence of something happening in the House to upset the numbers, I reckon the date will be after August as a result.
I Can't fault your logic, but these are desperate times. Who knows.

Note: It is possible I take my politics more seriously than most. :)

VYBerlinaV8, I think. Most people picked August or October.

It might be the only date you could realistically pick in September - the 2nd AFL Semi Final is played at night so won't conflict much with the voting, just the telecast.

Bring it on...:)

I see Gillard playing the race card already. Nova, she's everywhere ATM.

What about old mate...Juliar partner's jibe about the female asian Dr to do your prostate exam....?

Watch the dirt fly now....hee haa...!

What fun...:rolleyes:

Bring it on...:)

I see Gillard playing the race card already. Nova, she's everywhere ATM.

What about old mate...Juliar partner's jibe about the female asian Dr to do your prostate exam....?

Watch the dirt fly now....hee haa...!

What fun...:rolleyes:

I like her new glasses. Watching a bit too much Hilary methinks...

Only 227 days to go........Sheeesh.....:eek:

The ALP have cleared the decks to keep their focus on TA. The trend has started turning for the ALP, albeit slowly.

The antipathy for the ALP in parts of the country is well known/documented, and typically governments lose the election. The government is betting on a 1993 like performance with their focus on TA, Libs policy free zone narrative. I think this has some traction already in the electorate. The Libs will need to counter this. Maybe the politcal narrative in Vic and how it is debated is different to other states, and maybe this has influenced my view, but the mood is changing.

My belief is that the economy isnt as bad as people make out (even in Vic)and in 8 months, people will feel better. Lower interest rates, improving sharemarket, improving confidence about property. All this will make the Opposition's task harder.

I would not have envisioned a close election 6 months ago, but I think its going to be. Maybe an election for the true believers!!

One very shrewd women making the announcement before the entire party were aware of the decision.

Perhaps she was worried about following Rudd?

You to give Labor one thing they are far more cunning then people think,and everything Labor does now is far too little,and far too late but the tactics they now have to use may well finish them..

Is it too late for KRudd to launch a challenge? How about Turnbull?? There's still plenty of time for a new face to settle in and win over the public.

Awesome.

Time to look through the minor parties and see which one will upset people the most.

Well, The Pirate Party successfully registered last week.

http://pirateparty.org.au/

Similar parties have already been elected in Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, Iceland, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

From wikipedia: "Pirate parties support civil rights, direct democracy and participation, reform of copyright and patent law, free sharing of knowledge (Open content), information privacy, transparency, and freedom of information. They advocate network neutrality and universal, unrestricted access to the Internet as indispensable conditions to some of this."

Hm, how do you have information privacy, transparency, and freedom of information all at the same time? Don't they cancel each other out?:confused:

Back