Timing of where to buy SA or NSW?

We will see if the offers stand but if not I wont be going ahead with any deals. In all honesty, after reading a couple of reports and knowing what a couple of vendors want hopefully we can work something out.

Im prepared to pay a little more where the land is greater for potential development but thats about it. ITS ALL ABOUT THE NUMBERS, and if they dont add up, its back to the net to find some more potentials.

Here is a special for those headed over to SA.

I simply cannot understand why this property has not sold.It is located in a nicer street in Elizabeth East. Check it out -

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-sa-elizabeth+east-111974827

Although i have not been into the property i do drive past at least twice a day. It is brick veneer, 3 bedrooms with Ensuite. At 195K it is value buying.

Has been on the market for about 3 months. Was a biy untidy looking outside but last week some people stayed for a few days and cleaned it up. Saw a skip bin they had filled full of rubbish and green waste one day when driving past.

Thanks for the tip on this one. Inspected it this morning.

Has been vacant for a while as you alluded to. I suspect anyone who has inspected it this time may have been put off by the state inside... Needs a good paint throughout, plus a handful of things broken here and there. Backyard is a fair bit untidy too.
I do think it is a good property underneath, and certainly in one of the better looking streets in Elizabeth, but for my personal consideration, with around $5k or a bit more for a freshen-up, it would be a good buy if it could be had for low to mid 180's.

I too have been focusing some energy towards SA; specifically the resource-rich central towns of the state such as Coober Pedy. The risks are higher, property management (generally) poorer, but the returns and potential mid-term CG growth is huge. :rolleyes:

Has anyone had experience in the center of SA-state?

I went and had a good long look at Coober Pedy a few weeks ago. My verdict was that the returns are not worth the effort!

Most of the properties i looked at had been absolutely trashed and were not worth repairing, hence the low buy in cost. Property management fees are high and it will cost a fortune to get anything fixed. Walking around town it is hard to find a property without smashed windows and piles of rubbish in the yard. I could not figure where the town dump was, I then realised the whole town was the dump.

Mines such as Prominent hill and Arriums iron ore mine are all FIFO/DIDO and miners live in camps - there is no benefit to the town! I think link will build a large mining camp, why would the bother doing anything else?

The arckaringa basin sits above the great Artesian basin is fracking really going to be allowed?

I think anyone looking to buy here MUST have a look before purchase.

Here is a special for those headed over to SA.

There is another property for sale in the same street for sale at 209k. Tidy property with good tenants. The house next door to this one has feral tenants, but i have been told they are moving to QLD very soon. The street will rejoice when they leave! Here is the property

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-sa-elizabeth+east-113019731

Best of luck with lowball offers. I cannot see you succeeding.

Stangman.

Now down to 200k.

Wondering if there are any updates on this thread?
Did anybody end up buying in the area?
I noticed the 2 houses mentioned are still on the market

I bought a house in Elizabeth park 20k below asking in January. Pretty good rental renturns and large enough block to subdivide later, great tenant as well. Bought it for 165k and renting it out for $250 a week :)

Back