To build or keep buying IP

Hi Everyone,
I am new to this forum but I have found the information in it priceless. I have 2 properties in Melbourne and I am working overseas. I just wanted to know with prices going up so high, is it better to buy land and build 2 or 3 townhouses and sell them or keep qoing further away from CBD to purchase the next IP? Any advise is much appreciated.

just depends on how much money you can make from development. if you're not in the country then development will be a bit difficult - it's not easy to rely on agents/builders to do a good job without you breathing down their necks

just depends on how much money you can make from development. if you're not in the country then development will be a bit difficult - it's not easy to rely on agents/builders to do a good job without you breathing down their necks

I would have to agree, building property from abroad is quite difficult, the tax implications can make the task potentially not worthwhile, i would be concentrating on high demand, low supply areas close to the main city CBD's where development is restricted , supply is low, demand is higher and price appreciation more likely.

Will also be building my 2nd IP below in about 3 years time, and I work overseas. I have looked into one mob that take care of all subdivision and project management etc for about $50k, so all I have to do is choose the colour of the doors etc.

My job allows me to be wherever I want though, so I am thinking of flying back every month to monitor progress and possibly doing half the organizational work myself.

Tax wise, I will be moving back into one side of the development for a year and a half, then think about selling it at a later date within 6 years, all to avoid paying capital gains tax. The other side will be retained as my own IP and rented out indefinitely.

Back