To dob or not to dob?

What I did was discuss directly with the tenant and they agreed to phone council to remove complaint.

I would only go to council as a last resort.

MTR

Thanks MTR and Kathryn_D - this is the stuff I needed to work through.

I requested sit down meetings with the agents and the landlords several times (in writing and via phone) and raised my concerns about the piers (albeit with just the agents). Everything has been ignored.

This landlord and the agent have been ridiculous to work with - completely unreasonable and unfair. I don't do these sorts of things lightly or as a knee jerk hence this post to work on my own thought processes.

The entire story is too long and boring but suffice to say it is a doozy :mad:

Also realising I swear too much for this forum, sorry about all the *** :p
appropriate language, for appropriate occassions

donkey socket, usually passes where ******* may not
richard cranium, for the average ********
and the ever popular *expletive deleted*
or you can just type a row of asterisks yourself
sometimes, there are people who have to be described as a row of asterisks,
only alive because there isnt a vaccine against human viruses
the original model, for the zero in the 0-10 scale

About 3 years ago we considered buying a property. We brought in our trusted electrician. The place was great, except the wiring needed to be replaced ($25K estimated cost) It was 'live' in the main bathroom.
There was also an in-law apt attached to it. The tenants had no clue how dangerous this place was.

We decided not to buy it, but did put in writing to the REA that it needed to be rectified.
It was taken off the market.
I don't think anything ever happened.

It was a former funeral parlor..complete with morgue.. casket elevator...spooky :)

... It was 'live' in the main bathroom.
There was also an in-law apt attached to it. The tenants had no clue how dangerous this place was.

It was a former funeral parlor..complete with morgue.. casket elevator...spooky :)

Maybe it was their way of finding "clients" when business was slow :eek:.

Maybe it was their way of finding "clients" when business was slow :eek:.

It had a third floor, but they took out the staircase to it. Rob climbed the ladder and ventured (I dont like ladders). It still had 1000's of death certificates up there.

The property was converted back to a family home.
We considered a bed and breakfast type place, or possibly a rooming house.

The main floor still had an elevator for guests to use...though it was more for show. Great potential, but way overpriced.

also had a fourth floor and roof garden space, lovely possibilities,
but I was the only one to see them
except for the damage that would be done bringing the place to livable
serious electrical and water problems (often both in the same place bzzzzzzzzz)
holes in the everything

Back