To kill or not to kill the trees - Investment Property Management

Hello,

I have an IP with 3 x mature cypress type trees at approx 10-15 metres. They are planted on the plataue of a small pine retaining wall.

I'm also building a granny flat where access will be very difficult after completion.

I'm after some advice on what are people's views on having mature trees in IP. It seems as though the cost of removing initially would outweigh the risk of damage could occur if the trees fall in a storm or die from natual causes.

What horror stories, if any do people have around this.

Should i kill or not kill the trees.

KILL THEM!

KILL THEM ALLLLLLL!

They do you absolutely no good whatsoever on an IP. Roots destroy the buildings foundations and plumbing, risk of branches falling and causing damaging or killing someone, tenants not keeping on top of the leafs and branches that fall. Crap filling up the gutters etc. I have no trees besides the odd palm on any of my IP's. It's actually one of the first things I look out for when I buy. Unfortunantly neighbours on some of those IP's do have large trees near the boundary and they have caused problems for me.

I just had to trim a neighbours tree back from a new build - $1500

On another property the neighbours trees are pushing over a fence and damaging our sewer pipe - $4500.

I could think of a lot better things to do with 6k than spend it on neighbours trees!

I have an IP with 3 x mature cypress type trees at approx 10-15 metres. They are planted on the plataue of a small pine retaining wall.
My vote is for kill. I do not like those trees at all from the point of view of root damage, debris, risk of falling etc. If council allows, kill them, kill them all!!! :D

If the position of the trees aren't a problem then why not just leave them.
Also if they don't block any light to the granny flat then it's also okay.

Back