To sell or not to sell... - Everton Park 4053

Hey guys,

Just after some opinions.

My for all intended purposes MIL has a 3 bedroom townhouse in Everton Park that is fairly new. 2-3 years old. She has it up for sale currently, and now one of the neighbours has put their Town House up for sale too - which is similar but not identical.

Add to that there is a new development proposed for right across the street, so she is a little unsure as to how that might affect her currently trying to sell her place.

I wonder what peoples opinions are on whether she should be trying to sell now? or holding in the hopes that after the development has been built etc that it won't be putting people off buying her place (construction etc). Only thing being - the concern that there will be many many more similar type property available and for sale in the area?

Anyone have any opinions on this situation and what they would be doing if they had to wear these shoes. Provided - you don't need to sell for the money, but over the next few years or so you would like to offload.

Obviously options could range from sell now to rent out and hold for x years? - (she has moved so will not be living there regardless)

Thanks as always somersofters =)

With the market moving up after being flat of so long, I would not sell if I didn't need to sell right now. However, I have no idea how surrounding developments could impact the sale price.

Back