To slide or to remove?

Every day this splitter project gets more interesting. And each day I seem to sleep a little less on learning the unknowns (you don't know what to ask til you find out what you don't know).

Anyway, my builder and house slider originally provided verbal ballpark quotes for me around the 60K mark. Once on paper, they've come back around the 85K mark. The tradies met on site yesterday to compare scope of works and make sure they didn't miss anything, and now it seems the price is getting closer to the 100K mark. I'm wondering if now I'm better off just getting the house removed and sell off the land as there appears to only be 100-120K difference in the sale price between having the house on the block or not.

Would anyone have a guesstimate on what a 400sq block in Chermside would sell for? There was one block of this size sold early this year for 365ish and assume there has been some upward movement since.

If I did remove the house, do I have to pay any connection costs or is the land fine to sell as is, as the connections exist on this side of the to-be subdivided block?

Back