Today I had an epiphany

yes - my lesson this lifetime around is to learn patience. not doing a very good job so far so the universe keeps kicking me up the rear to remind me to be patient.

the biggest losses i made were when i was being impatient and trying to push the financial envelope to quickly.

although, it is hard to be patient after going thru a messy divorce and having to start again with nothing mid-way thru your working life. both hubby and i had to do this so feel a bit like wanting to play catchup.

patience grasshopper - patience

lizzie my dad lost everything twice once through a devorce and again through a buisiness , now he is 60 and has it all back , he said once you have done it , in my case twice , you know the rules better and can build your wealth like the banks want to see it built, if you give them the numbers they are acustomed to it becomes very easy the second time around. ;)

I think the msg at the start of the thread could help me out abit emotionally as well.
You can get caught up in that "if im not buying something im worthless" type thing. Just burns u out hard.

lizzie my dad lost everything twice once through a devorce and again through a buisiness , now he is 60 and has it all back , he said once you have done it , in my case twice , you know the rules better and can build your wealth like the banks want to see it built, if you give them the numbers they are acustomed to it becomes very easy the second time around. ;)
Good advice from somebody who came back.

I've seen many who came back from such adversities, and became even stronger.

But I've seen a lot more who did not go on any more.

Epiphany...???

Epiphany,,??? :eek::confused:

Wow, what a great word.

Epiphany (feeling), the sudden realization or comprehension of the essence or meaning of something. wikipedia.

Is this in common use in the cities? Must start using it out here.

See ya's.

How is it pronounced? If the second "p" is sounded as a "t" then I have heard it but never used it, so it isn't in common use in the provinces, TC.

pronounced Epi'f'any...;)

EG:
TC had an epiphany whilst looking at his share portfolio and decided to sell and buy IP's with the proceeds...! lol:p

Patience is a virtue

Fortune favours the brave

He who hesitates is lost

I dunno what to believe - I reckon I should just get out there and buy another property. Or maybe some more shares. I feel better when I do that... whenever I've just sat around I've regretted it.

YMMV.

particularly with neg geared... if values aren't rising then you aren't doing nothing, you are going backwards, just a matter of whether it's slowly or in a hurry!

Back