today in SMH - Are all your friends talking property

Its a sign the market there is approaching its peak

Couldnt agree with you more!!!!!

Suddenly evryone who has a property thats grown more then 1% is a property gun

And theyll have an opinion from renos to lending criteria to captial growth prospects

For almost 30 years when I've visited some friends in Sydney, property prices has been a major part of their conversation. Other friends I visit are not as fixated.

My mate is saving up to buy a flat for cash and negative gear it. I have explained negative gearing to him. He nearly has enough to buy that flat for cash. Sigh. :rolleyes:

i also have this conversatiom with a lot of friends

"Hey there is a good area/house for sale with good cg. Are you interetested?"
"How much depreciation does it have?"
"Not much"
"Nah. Dont bother. let me know if you see one with huge depreciation. I dont care what or where it is"
Me shakes my head repeatedly

I thought every one in Sydney that lived in a house was a property expert?:confused:

I get exited if friends talk about property after listening for a minute i usually walk away cause its the daily telegraph version!

There really is a bug that you get with property! some think they have it but there are definitely different levels and high scores!

I haven't caught a cab lately or visited the hairdressers (due to lack of coverage). What are they saying?

My hairdresser has done a few developments, owns the shop in Darlinghurst in his super. Built a home in Byron Bay and flies to Sydney once a fortnight. Sold the business itself to one of his staff.

My sister's hair dresser also knows about real estate. He is a makeup artist too and has parents into property.

So they do seem astute...

My hairdresser has done a few developments, owns the shop in Darlinghurst in his super. Built a home in Byron Bay and flies to Sydney once a fortnight. Sold the business itself to one of his staff.

My sister's hair dresser also knows about real estate. He is a makeup artist too and has parents into property.

So they do seem astute...

One of the first inspirational books I read was, "A Wealthy Barber", so I am sure there are more that may be savvy and invested into RE.

Lately I've been loitering around hotel lobbys trying to listen in on the bellboys conversations. Plenty of smut like talk, but nothing about property investment yet. Will keep you posted,

I haven't caught a cab lately or visited the hairdressers (due to lack of coverage). What are they saying?

I don't catch cabs either but I do have Facebook.

This morning there was a post from a 30something single mother who lives in a 2bed unit with her son (shares a room with him) and her mother (mother owns the unit). She only works part-time and is always moaning that properties are too expensive. Apparently renting is not an option.

I've told her several times that she will never be able to afford something in the 'Shire', but apparently that is the only place anyone would want to live.

So, this morning's post was about how one day her child (he's about 8 now) will have his own room and a backyard, and it will be all hers.

Sadly, that will never happen. Well, not unless her Mother passes away, but even then, there won't be a backyard.

Reminds me of the time many years ago when a typical house in Stafford was renting for $150 a week and the tenant complained like crazy to us about how unfair it was that we owned our own home and they could never afford to buy. Next time we had the pleasure of her company, their catch phrase was that we were stupid for buying a house. We should be like them: waiting to inherit her parent's home when the oldies die. Silly woman, thought she was going to get her mother's entire house to herself and her brothers and sisters wouldn't get any share.

Back