Today Tonight Story Regarding Ben Gough

Come and work for me - we'll make a squillion.
Sounds good, but actually I thought perhaps you'd come work for me! ROTFLMAO - an organisation with two "strong personalities" - we might end up in the tabloids. Bags me be in charge of equal opportunity policy. :D
TPFKAD said:
Hope everything goes smoothly for your move back into home.
Thanks, on the downhill run now... kitchen cabinets starting to be installed tomorrow, painting almost finished, floor coverings selected (as of about 15 minutes ago)... I'm getting quite excited, actually. I've never lived in a new, or even "significantly renovated" home, so it's been fun getting to choose everything that's to my taste. :) (ie in good taste :p)
TPFKAD said:
I thought it was ansh'allah ?? That's how I pronounced it anyway....
Nah, insha'llah (some put in the "a" before the double l, and some don't, because it's not usually pronounced).

I heard that if you substitute the initial i with an a, it changes the meaning to "I want to make sexy time with your camel", which may explain the reception you got from the Yemenis.

I always wondered why they looked at me strange when I said that ?? .....and here I was always thinking that I had a stray booger hanging down.

Well there you go...

If we merge, you can be in charge of everything except the decision making. Howzat ?? :)

I agree with OzPerp.

The vendors paid the agent to get the best price for the property.

He got them a poor price and himself a good price, and after stamp duty and CGT probably didn't make much out it for himself.

TPKAFD
If we merge, you can be in charge of everything except the decision making. Howzat ??

Ozperp
Sounds good, but actually I thought perhaps you'd come work for me! ROTFLMAO - an organisation with two "strong personalities" - we might end up in the tabloids. Bags me be in charge of equal opportunity policy

A meeting of minds. Autonomy, strategic, analytical, pragmatic, determined, logic, achievement, curious among a few things.

I think both you guys are rational type temperament(s).

Not sure which are each, but will take a punt, TPFKAD a strategic coworking inventor engineer, Oz a strategic contending mastermind planner.

You probably would work well together. Similar thought processes, both got the vision ability in the mind, ..maybe....

I stand to be corrected.

Apology for interrupting thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harcourts
"The property was not bought and sold in the same day and in fact there was more than three months between the beginning and end of the transaction"

I strongly dislike TT, as I'm sure most here do. If the facts were exactly as presented, OFT would have been all over the agent like a rash. Yet, he was cleared. Something doesn't add up.

More than 2 months Hey? What's the bet this included settlement periods. Beginning and end :mad::mad:

I agree that TT isn't my favorite cup of tea and I see it as very biased. I however would be very dissed if I was the vendor (surely you would relist the damn thing with another agent) in this case. So much so that I would have done some of my dough and ended up with a very big lump on my head from Mr Kickboxer ;)

Actually, probably 2 lumps :D

TPFKAD & Ozperp........a union which sounds much like Norman & Evert......too much 'control' in one room methinks.:eek:

Isn't inshallashun what you put in wall cavities to keep you warm/cool?

Nah, insha'llah (some put in the "a" before the double l, and some don't, because it's not usually pronounced).

I heard that if you substitute the initial i with an a, it changes the meaning to "I want to make sexy time with your camel", which may explain the reception you got from the Yemenis.

They probably thought "this guys been away from home too long if the camels are looking sexy"?

images

TPFKAD said:
If we merge, you can be in charge of everything except the decision making. Howzat ?? :)
Sure, I'm happy for you to think that that's how it's working. :D
You probably would work well together. Similar thought processes, both got the vision ability in the mind, ..maybe....

I stand to be corrected.
Sounds like there's only one way to settle it, hey Dazz?
TPFKAD & Ozperp........a union which sounds much like Norman & Evert......too much 'control' in one room methinks.:eek:
We'd have our contractual opponents wishing they'd never met us. :cool:

As for Norman and Evert - wash your mouth out! It's been a guilty pleasure of mine to have a giggle watching that implode. :eek:

Any one know what the out come was?

Yes, what I can say is Gough was eventually made to pay up, but like so many of these things, the details of such resolutions have been cloaked in confidentiality deeds which ultimately protects the perpetrators from the fallout of bad publicity.

My experience with authorities like that OFT is that they are the next best thing to toothless tigers and that's why agents like this continue to get away with what they do.

In my experience the reality is, many OFT investigators lack the skills and knowledge to properly understand the wide range of legislation they are tasked with policing. The PAMD Act 2000 is just one (hastily drafted) piece of legislation, open to a lot of clever arguments, which many of their investigators have a poor understanding of, and therefore tend to avoid like the plague.

Like all these cash strapped government departments the enforcement focus is shifted to anything that is likely to produce an instant fine which means money in, not money out. While this is not what the public expect, or indeed the perception that the OFT (or ministers) want known publicly, it is unfortunately the reality.

Back