Todays AFR article page 25 (Perspective)

There is an interesting article titled Property: the danger zone in todays AFR on page 25 by Gerry van Wyngen. Worth to read it together with the Reserve Bank chief opinion and associated comments. My guess is to fasten your seat belt as we might just see some exciting deals in 6 to 8 months time.

Tibor

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

I too read this and felt it very much agreed with my nervousness about the market. I know everyone says that 1991 was different but on the theory that if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck ...

What's the general feeling out there about this, are we due for a fall. Would be good if we were. Should be plenty of bargains around if so.

Steve B

Reply: 1.1

Personally I'd be nervous about buying properties at the rates of returns that they quote in the article. Haven't got it in front of me, but I think they said average returns in Brissie were 6%.

I agree with the concerns in an overall sense , however an individuals circumstance should alter your actions. If I had a High LVR and DSR , personally I would be very careful about buying anymore.

My position is the opposite to that so I am buying , however I am only buying in areas where I can get a good return ( currently low vacancy rates)and IMHO there is potential for capital growth.

Interestingly people have been forecasting the top of the property market since 2000 and with the last boom prices increased when interest rates went up. What's going to happen this time ?

Buggered if I know ....

see change

it's better to be guided by your dreams than your fears

Back