Tony Abbott talking about mandatory drug testing for dole recipients

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 52
No. Real change isn't going to happen until we live in a Mad Max-esque world. Survival of the fittest, baby!

Edit: I already knew that pollies are merely puppets for their corporate masters. It's why I don't vote.

What amazes me is how Bill Shorten is so vocal about how crap the current Gubb is, but he was one of the pointy-end participants in one of the worst Gubb's in the history of Aus politics.

What's more mazing is the enlightened public are giving him their ear.

I'm friggin' rolling around on the floor laughing so hard, my guts have just burst out of my body like a scene from Alien.

Gotta go now; ACA is on soon and I have to get ready.

What other "freedoms" eh...?

It is not a freedom to choose to be a bludger on the dole whilst taking drugs.

For heck sake, what are you banging on about protecting the welfare cheats/lazy SOB's...?

Why are they cheats or lazy SOB's? Does everyone on welfare fit into this category, or only those that take drugs?

What if they grow their own? Still a cheat, still lazy? What if they get it for free from a friend?

You're not really thinking this through are you.

You're not really thinking this through are you.

Oh yeah, I've thought it through, even been one myself !

I speak from experience, even though I gave it a shot for a very short time and simply steered 180 degrees AWAY from it.

Ive been there done that and it was a looooong time ago my friend.

Now, back to work you lot !:D

No. Real change isn't going to happen until we live in a Mad Max-esque world. Survival of the fittest, baby!

Edit: I already knew that pollies are merely puppets for their corporate masters. It's why I don't vote.

Oh no, a wasted vote. If that's what you believe, why not vote for Assange then... he's not a puppet?

Pee for Pay?

Don't know if you do but if you drink alcohol, then you take drugs. Not necessarily an addict, but you're a drug user.

Alcohol is a far more dangerous and addictive drug than marijuana, which has many amazing health benefits, including attacking some serious illnesses such as cancer. The explosion of new strains and uses in recent years is great, decades of repression coming to an end.

Prohibition makes no sense. Before prohibition marijuana was used for thousands of years to treat health problems. Image the outcry if alcohol was prohibited as well, and you could be raided for having a bottle of wine. The US introduced prohibition for alcohol and marijuana around the same time but in 1933 allowed alcohol again but not marijuana. Why ? Pressure from big pharmaceutical companies, and later law enforcement entities that benefit, that has remained ever since.

If you use toothpaste you are a drug user, how about if you take Antihistamines, aspirin, asthma medications and cold/flu syrups..we all take drugs nowadays, prescribed or otherwise

A mental health nurse told me their were more schizophrenic mental patients in their hospital from marijuana than anything else. Having seen a friends brother go down this path I also wondered whether it caused it, or brought on any latent illness.

Edit- Found this

Some interesting figures quoted within regarding the money involved

High risks: cannabis and psychosis

The initial issue seems like common sense, drugs could stand in the way of a person's ability to gain employment.

Mandatory drug testing for welfare recipients or applicants could also save money, help people get off welfare, and prevent the country from subsidizing a person's drug use.

The devil is always in the detail though, how would you do it? I would think a number who knew they would go positive, would just refuse testing on the grounds that it's an invasion of privacy - There's a saving straight away, no testing required.

With the rest, it may just cost more to implement than it saves

Mandatory drug testing also does nothing to address the issue of alcohol dependency amongst welfare recipients or applicants.

Also, who are welfare recipients as a group? I'm sure there's only a minority surfing and chillaxing whilst being looked after by the government

Apparently mandatory welfare drug testing programs are already underway in a number of American states, then again they also have Sheriff Joe and seem to be losing the War Against Drugs

I think it's just sensationalism, it will never fly, but it will get everyone talking about Abbott rather than Palmer :D

119199611195324.jpg

Back