Too Much Eco News Bad For Investors

I've been spending less & less time in the economics forum the past few months, after realised that I has started to analyse too much instead of taking action. Came across this article in The Age today. Not ground-breaking; but worth rememberingh nonetheless.

Been saying this for ages .... Cheers for the link.

My issue is when the RBA are pushing to full non disclosure ala the FED in the interests of keeping the population dumbed down and uninformed, distracted by their iPhones and Masterchef.

Reminds me of a few posters we have here at different times,

, it also has a multitude of eager beavers who are mainly concerned with tomorrow's headlines,'' Macfarlane says.

''They try to extract the maximum amount of coverage out of each ephemeral piece of news - monthly or even daily figures are invested with a significance well beyond their actual information content.''

Interest rates don't merely rise, they ''soar'', the exchange rate ''dives'' or ''plunges'' and budgets ''blow out''. The reader is left with the impression of constant action and turmoil.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/business/t...ss-aversion-20110612-1fz48.html#ixzz1PDktzXbm

Cheers

Pete

The guy is an idiot. Someone (preferably me) should take a run up and slap his face off. Bottom line is that most people live their lives around money, rather than the sun. The more people become aware of the true state of affairs, the more they put entities like the RBA under scrutiny - rightly so. This idiot is blaming the messenger and covering his bum - if there was full transparency in a healthy state of affairs, investors would be empowered. With more transparency into a sham game run by con artists, charlatans, and losers, it's no woner that investors are getting edgy. Moron. Anyone have his home adress? Lets build a scud missile out of redundant analogue TV sets and used nappies then launch it :mad:

Lets build a scud missile out of redundant analogue TV sets and used nappies then launch it :mad:

probably black listed if it's a website you'll be accessing to learn how to join the tube fuse to the magnesium ribbon lighting strip.

just set an old 1200 VW engine block on fire in his front yard - the magnesium content in these babies means they glow white hot for aaaaaaaaaaaages.

I particularly liked the last paragraph:

Behavioural finance research shows that because we suffer from myopia as well as loss aversion, investors who get the most frequent feedback take the least risk and thus earn the least money.

A few on here could heed this statement.;)

Attachments

• monitor.jpg
    monitor.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 59
I've been spending less & less time in the economics forum the past few months, after realised that I has started to analyse too much instead of taking action. Came across this article in The Age today. Not ground-breaking; but worth rememberingh nonetheless.

In 'normal' times i would agree with you, but current times are not 'normal'.

The key in my opinion is to have ones 'bs' filter constantly on, and try to listen focus attention on those commentators of information that are more switched on, Terry Mc Crann for example.

In regards to the economic forum, yeah i would take much of the interpretation of information here with a grain of salt, we are all just amatures, some more than others:p

This article is particularly apt when talking about 'property bubbles' etc. It's caused many of my peers to avoid purchasing property in 08/09 - and missing out on the big boom (in Melbourne). Be careful what you read!

In 'normal' times i would agree with you, but current times are not 'normal'.

The key in my opinion is to have ones 'bs' filter constantly on, and try to listen focus attention on those commentators of information that are more switched on, Terry Mc Crann for example.

In regards to the economic forum, yeah i would take much of the interpretation of information here with a grain of salt, we are all just amatures, some more than others:p

Hey I resemble that remrk

I know lots about physical policy and economics stuff

Back