Top 10 Fastest growing suburbs (12 Months (Australia))

Report produced by APM and Realestateinvestar:

1 PICTON NSW
House 4 $699,000 37.27%

2 MORANBAH QLD
House 3 $665,000 36.73%

3 BLACKWATER QLD
House 3 $475,000 34.29%

4 AVOCA BEACH NSW
House 4 $840,000 30.23%

5 BURWOOD NSW
Unit 2 $645,000 29.00%

6 CARLTON VIC
Unit 2 $460,000 27.50%

7 TUNCURRY NSW
Unit 3 $529,000 27.10%

8 SILVERDALE NSW
House 4 $699,000 26.27%

9 PERTH WA
Unit 3 $984,500 23.75%

10 NARRANDERA NSW
House 4 $295,000 21.88%

This report was produced using live on the market sales listing data. We have maximised accuracy by only publishing those results with high enough data sample sizes. This data is calculated at a dwelling type and bedroom level, which means it will vary from commonly published house and unit median sale prices that include all bedrooms as consolidated median results. Any median change should not be construed to mean that each house or unit in the
suburb has increased or decreased in value by this %. For example; a developer releasing a large development of new stock well above or well below the median listing price in a suburb, can shift the median price up or down, but that does not mean the values of all other properties have changed accordingly.

Thanks Jake, your posts are always appreciated.

I would like to know your oppionion on what number of property sales are required in a given suburb for the data to reflect a true and acurate change in value?

When I browse the quarterly sales figures showing the %change in median house prices I tend to disregard any suburbs with less than 50 sales.

Appreciate that Erica, thank you.

When it comes to liquidity I look at quite a few factors which are:
Population
Average days on the market
Number of current listings
Number of listings cleared in the last 30 days
Clearance rate
Annual sales
DSR
Average holding period
Ownership levels

When it comes to sales I prefer an area to have more than 100 sales on a rolling annual basis but this number is not concrete and is proportionate to the size and population of each suburb.

Expecting 100 sales in Gardenvale in Melbourne for example would be silly as its population is about 1,000. For these types of suburbs I like to see a +1% turnover; e.g. 1,000 people = +10 properties sold.

When it comes to rural areas population must be much higher than 1,000 people and the percentage must be higher too, as rural areas do not benefit like metro areas do from surrounding suburbs.

Back