Top 3 for unit growth?

For Sydney, they're actually talking about the CBD.
In Adelaide, I'm not surprised with Unley and Wayville - fits the fundamentals and correlates well with other observations. Brompton? Don't understand the reasons and would be cautious.

Even though that data is useful for seeing what areas are really hot right now an investor should use caution when judging a suburb's future performance when using small slices of data such as the 12 month capital growth rate.

According to Westpac's latest economic report, Glenn Stevens and the RBA recently announced that there are grave concerns in relation to Sydney (and surrounds) house and unit prices. According to the latest RBA minutes a decision to not cut rates came about despite this concern as there are other ways to control lending/price growth in this area. I'd be very cautious about buying (for capital growth) in many NSW locations right now with reports like this coming from our monetary regulator.

I think the take home point in this article is "Do your research". Look into more meaningful indicators like the long term growth history. Available stock, vacancy rates, employment rate, infrastructure and government spending, development approvals, and other population and economic changes from the census data.

Compile all of the information and judge an area with the whole picture.

Don't jump into an area because of a single good year ;)

Agreed as above Jake and Logic, wasn't at all suggesting anyone should buy in the suburb/postcodes measured because of past performance, as in all likelihood this may create an inverse relationship to future performance in the short term.

I was merely commenting on how many folks in the media seem to think capital gains are only possible in A) Sydney.

...And some folk on SS seem to think capital gains are only possible in A) Sydney B) Western Sydney C) Melbourne D) Logan E) Rest of Brisbane

...And that a year ago very few people would have had an Adelaide or a south coast area on the short list for double digit growth.

Do your research, look for value. It is out there.

...And that a year ago very few people would have had an Adelaide or a south coast area on the short list for double digit growth.
Do your research, look for value. It is out there.

I've had my eye on it for a while, South coast is going really well!

Back