Topographic map resource?

Does anyone know the best place to source a topographic map of a particular block of land? The vendors don't have a site plan showing the fall on the land and before I look to seek the services of a surveyor I'd like to know if there's another way to get this info?

Thanks in advance.

You could try google earth, i think you can select points to work out difference in altitude. Otherwise normal topos would be the wrong scale

Does anyone know the best place to source a topographic map of a particular block of land? The vendors don't have a site plan showing the fall on the land and before I look to seek the services of a surveyor I'd like to know if there's another way to get this info?

Thanks in advance.

Lands NSW sell these. Used by geo and mining companies a lot. The QLD counterpart is ? Not normally scaled to lot sizes...Scaled to large areas.

http://www.lpi.nsw.gov.au/mapping_and_imagery/maps

Thank you all for your replies, as it turns out the vendor did have a site plan showing the contours of the land, the agent had apparently asked for it by another name that they didn't understand.
There was a full set of drawings for a 48 square (builders, not m2) house that came with them but it was a horrible red brick square block, not really suited to an elevated position looking over the bay.

Last edited:
Back