Torrenting Possible Fines

VPN is the answer

Which one do you use? Tunnelbear is easy to use but limited to 500 MB a month on the free account.

Just torrented better call saul episode 10.

I just downloaded Better Call Saul, complete season 1 (1.33 GB) which is episodes 1-10. You should get this one if you want the whole set. Quick download on KAT, about 80 seeders. Lucky I'm not in a nanny state because I'm seeding now until 1.5 ratio.

it's your credit file that I'd be most concerned about - remember if you don't pay what someone demands from you your file will be trashed, particularly if they bring proceedings against you. Bye bye investing for 7-12 years or so

Which one do you use? Tunnelbear is easy to use but limited to 500 MB a month on the free account.

I just downloaded Better Call Saul, complete season 1 (1.33 GB) which is episodes 1-10. You should get this one if you want the whole set. Quick download on KAT, about 80 seeders. Lucky I'm not in a nanny state because I'm seeding now until 1.5 ratio.

i don't use one atm, cause i don't download Hollywood movies.
you would probably have to pay for a good one, but they aren't that expensive

it's your credit file that I'd be most concerned about - remember if you don't pay what someone demands from you your file will be trashed, particularly if they bring proceedings against you. Bye bye investing for 7-12 years or so

wouldn't they need to prove their demands have some base first?
it's not like anyone can just demand something and put it on your credit file if you don't pay.

I'm thinking of using a VPN because I the new data retention laws create a potential privacy issue. Let the government get access to a heap of encrypted data.

wouldn't they need to prove their demands have some base first?
it's not like anyone can just demand something and put it on your credit file if you don't pay.

nope, anyone can issue any stupid proceeding against you and it will go on your credit file. you can then spend the next 7 years explaining to the bank and everyone else why you don't owe them anything and they won't believe you anyway.

If you want to defend the action you could engage a lawyer with all the associated expense and once you have your defence you could try negotiate with the data agencies to see if they will remove it from your file pending judgment

nope, anyone can issue any stupid proceeding against you and it will go on your credit file. you can then spend the next 7 years explaining to the bank and everyone else why you don't owe them anything and they won't believe you anyway.

If you want to defend the action you could engage a lawyer with all the associated expense and once you have your defence you could try negotiate with the data agencies to see if they will remove it from your file pending judgment

so are you saying that i can send you an invoice for making posts on somersoft forums, and then that will go on your credit file if you don't pay?

so are you saying that i can send you an invoice for making posts on somersoft forums, and then that will go on your credit file if you don't pay?

not sure about pre-enforcement, but certainly post. the data is automatically mined by the data companies that watch us all. They just pick up all new proceedings. You can even file a writ and never serve it.... file a $1m demand against me and don't bother serving it if you want to ruin my day

better still, make sure you file it in a different state to the recipient. then offer to settle it on a 'commercial basis' for $5000

I really don't think many Australians enjoy having to illegally download a lot of content, and most would be more than happy to pay for a service that provides them with the content. Unfortunately much of the content provided in the USA simply isn't provided to Australians. Or it's very delayed.
I can't speak for anyone else, but my first choice for content is my local library. I can get game of thrones and true blood on blu-ray. If I can't find the content at my local library, my next step is my local blu-ray vending machine. If I get no joy there, I can drive 2 suburbs over to my nearest video lending shop :eek:

Once I have exhausted all reasonable legal avenues I either don't watch it or I occassionally download. I really only download stuff that has already gone free to air, not that it makes any difference.

I have a lot of problems with the way content is distributed. I rented Gravity on blu-ray, which had no special features, so I illegally downloaded them. IMO, it's wrong that I paid to rent half a product. I have also rented blu-rays that skipped. One movie skipped over a critical part, so I downloaded the movie to watch just that part and then continued with the blu-ray. I could conceivably be charged for breaching copyright for doing that. I think that is poor. Other content is simply not availble locally.

It's a problem of the studios own making. If the content was available locally at a reasonable price, I would buy more.

This is interesting:

http://streamin.it/discover

So the judge that has allowed discovery of the names and addresses also ruled that any demand letter has to go through himself.

The news article I read today suggested that he intends it to be a reasonable amount demanded, ie the cost of purchasing the movie.

I guess 4000 odd Australians are waiting with bated breath.

If this is successful then this might also open the gates for other distributors to make claims.

This is just silly!

Someone would have to sue you and win for a court judgment to go on a person's credit file. Issuing a letter of demand is just a step in the general direction. They would the have to commence proceedings by issuing a statement of claim and paying court fees. You would then have the chance to defend yourself. If you didn't defend yourself or lost then there would be a judgment and the maybe it would go on the person's credit file.

This is just silly!

Someone would have to sue you and win for a court judgment to go on a person's credit file. Issuing a letter of demand is just a step in the general direction. They would the have to commence proceedings by issuing a statement of claim and paying court fees. You would then have the chance to defend yourself. If you didn't defend yourself or lost then there would be a judgment and the maybe it would go on the person's credit file.

that's incorrect - new actions definitely go on your file and I can personally vouch for it, both as defendant and plaintiff. No judgment required

should add it's a pretty well trod path. It costs serious money to form the basics of a defence, deep pocketed plaintiffs figure a quick $20-50k or so is cheaper than trying to defend an action

that's incorrect - new actions definitely go on your file and I can personally vouch for it, both as defendant and plaintiff. No judgment required

should add it's a pretty well trod path. It costs serious money to form the basics of a defence, deep pocketed plaintiffs figure a quick $20-50k or so is cheaper than trying to defend an action

I am a lawyer and disagree that someone can put a court judgment on your credit file without a 'judgment' by a court. logically impossible.

A defense can cost a lot, but a defense is only needed if someone actually sues you - which is way beyond a letter of demand.

I am a lawyer and disagree that someone can put a court judgment on your credit file without a 'judgment' by a court. logically impossible.

A defense can cost a lot, but a defense is only needed if someone actually sues you - which is way beyond a letter of demand.

no you can't invent a judgment, but that comes way down the track. I'm talking right back at the beginning of the process.

logic has nothing to do with credit reporting unfortunately. Sadly, I can file a claim against you for any spurious reason and it will stuff you right up. In a recent action I filed a claim in the magistrates court against a bloke on a matter that had been in the supreme court. It was a long shot from the gecko but worth a go. It hit their credit file just as they were refinancing a major development, funder pulled out. doh! sadly for me I was unsuccessful in that particular action but ultimately successful in the supreme court action. Oh then they also had a counter crack, filed a ridiculous claim for about half a million but never bothered serving it. Ican't defend it because it isn't served, I understand it takes 15 months to lapse by default? (1 year, then 3 months)

Back