Toukley, flood risk?

I am looking at a waterfront house in main road, Toukley,it?s a narrow road with water in both sides , and just saw a news that flood hits Toukley homes, what you guys think it a good buy or not?
Is it a good investment to buy in Tukley?

I did look at Toukley , I was actually looking at Pawnbroker business in the main Road.
I was even in there browsing only to have a bogan type actually come up to me and ask how much I would give him for his gold ring !!!

I was in Toukley only last week I had trawled threw the Main Street managed to get lunch at a Asian diner for far less than normal.
A strange but friendly lady owner looked at me when I asked if was up to standard .i was with a friend and he is a Hasidic And we had a black hat and white shirt with black coat and she was ok with us.

i was also up in Queens rd Lake Munmoron or as locals may Lake Munmorah but as whatever we may do its up to ourselves.15 minute drive
Of course they even had wet puddles if you want to mention floods ?
Of course as the real estate agent said to me sarcastically sweetheart it's been raining that why we gave had big puddles and why you got your socks wet !!! Which was no excuse I told her .

Last time i looked at Toukley I use very friendly agent named David not Davvid but David from Century 21 ( 43 97 2788)a very polite man who was most patient and actually apologised to me for the stormy weather they had where I was most inconvenienced by getting wet and courteous yes with me and had 50 years of experience in that areas of view.East Toukley
Toukley is only 15 minute drive from Lake Munmoron .
As a IP investment view because most shop in Lake Haven shopping centre.
I don't think Toukley will go much up in price.
I also notice a lot of bogan type moving there and crime going up.another murder last week opposite the beachcomber hotel.

Maybe time for me to open a pawnbroker or bottle shop to cater for that class of type.
I think some I see low class and I can charge good loan interest rates.
It used to be mainly old people area.
Of course funeral companies I have friends Bowdens who has made a million there.
Anita is the local funeral director who will push and shove other funeral companies away with her small family business and works 7 days a week even sitting in the grounds of Wyong Hospital on a Sunday to wait for customers.She know how to run a business .swapping of Brown paper bags are the key.

As for flooding I never hear of this, David from century 21 can help you he is very nice.
I don't know the statistics tics but I really never see this area going much up in price.
Yes once I had a friend there who lived on the waterfront and was a Wyong shire councillor but I never heard of him for many years.
I think more East either at Lake Haven for IP
But beautiful to live on the waterfront more down in West Toukley on the main road.
I like Toukley Markets in a Sunday great place to haggle .
Of course Toukley has older fibro houses which are some under 35ok still
Transport is a problem. Sure they have private bus company ,
Shopping Coles at Toukley.
Otherwise lake Haven shopping centre.
Who will be your renters the Bogans?
I have a fear in this area, I don't know why but it's like a miserable fear.
This area was once old people but now mount Druitt type bogans .
A taxi plate (we're over 540k a few years ago)in this area would be a better investment because of lack of transport

Of course go East to beautiful Norah Head maybe a better option but not for IP because who want to live there with no transport?
But beautiful to live yourself.

Last edited:
Oh dear not again please.

Some Toukley waterfront properties maybe susceptible to flooding , really
depends on the block, some area's are high enough not to be effected some
may , its probably a better location than some other areas for flooding around the Tuggerah Lakes system.

I think you will find it was actually the next suburb over the bridge Gorokan where flooding did effect some properties but this was more from overflowing creeks and drains than the Lake Itself.

Last edited:
Love the responses of the famous poster/troll here! The dartboard of locations varying wildly!

Toukley as nww stated could be better than some areas to the south of the lake! But are there many other growth drivers there?

Many parts of Toukley are zomed for units now - so do your DD.

In relation to the waterfronts on Main Rd, many are very high up and so are unaffected. There is a flood (and bushfire) mapping tool on the Wyong Shire website that will easily show you if a block is affected and where.

The waterfronts facing North maybe better than those on the opposite side of the road facing South - as they would not be as affected by the southerly busters (which arrive about 16 times per year). But either way the views are outstanding.

Oh dear not again please.

Some Toukley waterfront properties maybe susceptible to flooding , really
depends on the block, some area's are high enough not to be effected some
may , its probably a better location than some other areas for flooding around the Tuggerah Lakes system.

I think you will find it was actually the next suburb over the bridge Gorokan where flooding did effect some properties but this was more from overflowing creeks and drains than the Lake Itself.

yes, the Gorokan golf was hit in flood, maybe main road area is not bad.

Many parts of Toukley are zomed for units now - so do your DD.

In relation to the waterfronts on Main Rd, many are very high up and so are unaffected. There is a flood (and bushfire) mapping tool on the Wyong Shire website that will easily show you if a block is affected and where.

The waterfronts facing North maybe better than those on the opposite side of the road facing South - as they would not be as affected by the southerly busters (which arrive about 16 times per year). But either way the views are outstanding.

the place is facing south unfortunately...

http://www.wyong.nsw.gov.au/environment/flooding/map-of-wyong-shire-floodplains
what's those colours in map stand for?22R yellow area?

Back