Town planner for rezoning in Hurstville NSW?

Wondering if anyone experienced development zoning issues previously who could recommend a town planner for me?

I have a JV place that is a shop at the front + brick house large land at the back (sep entrance). In one of those suburban neighborhood shop areas.

On the left is a normal 3br house. On the right is a property same land size shop at front and 6 townhouses at back. I would imagine it was once a house at the back. Next to them is basically shops.

We bought the place thinking we'll copy next door to redevelop into townhouse complex with shop at front...... Without checking. After settlement found although similar and are next to each other but are diff zoning.

Partners want to sell and walk away, given the rise in value we'd make a little bit. But I'm still keen for the complex idea. Anyone has had similar experience that you could refer a professional to me?

Hi CCW,

try hurstville council website and search for DA application database for contacts. There will be a number of submitted plans which contains contact numbers.

Cheers
BG

Bzztt wrong

Zoning is related to the Local Environmental Plan (LEP) which is legislation signed off by the state government. You can very from the LEP in terms of FSR and height ever so slightly but you need to have a strong case and support from council to get it through.

To vary from the LEP requires you to go through the gateway process. Very expensive and only reserved for large projects 100 units+

If your interested in selling PM me ;)

Back