Townhouse closer to city or house in outer suburb?

Hi,

I've recently been looking at houses in the outer suburbs for my next IP just because of the ripple effect and I've had a few bad experiences with Strata and the fees which come along with having a unit or townhouse.Now I'm starting to think a townhouse closer to the city might make a better investment long term with my budget.
Very confused.What are peoples views on this?
thanks

Hi,

I've recently been looking at houses in the outer suburbs for my next IP just because of the ripple effect and I've had a few bad experiences with Strata and the fees which come along with having a unit or townhouse.Now I'm starting to think a townhouse closer to the city might make a better investment long term with my budget.
Very confused.What are peoples views on this?
thanks

Whats your budget? East/west?

New townhouses in Glenroy, Laverton, Deer Park can be had for around 360-400k. All with decent growth prospects.

Whats your budget? East/west?

New townhouses in Glenroy, Laverton, Deer Park can be had for around 360-400k. All with decent growth prospects.

Why buy new townhouses for that price when you can buy detached houses cheaper in the same suburbs?

If you are looking for good long term CG then I would suggest purchasing in or adjacent to metro area satellite cbd's.

I am also in the same boat however budget 450k, should I buy new townhouse in Glenroy/pascoe vale or similar or a house in deer park/cragieburn/broad meadows? I guess new townhouse less maintenance but perhaps a house better for CG growth due to bigger land?

I am also in the same boat however budget 450k, should I buy new townhouse in Glenroy/pascoe vale or similar or a house in deer park/cragieburn/broad meadows? I guess new townhouse less maintenance but perhaps a house better for CG growth due to bigger land?

I look for larger block in areas like Deer Park, Laverton, Ardeer etc where you can develop in the future. If you ever develop say 3 properties - 5% CG on 3 properties is more than 7% on one property.

Back