Townhouse Fencing

I am about due for settlement on a townhouse property on Monday 3 days from now and i went to the property to conduct one final inspection of the property before settlement only to find out that a apart of the fence in between my lots backyard and the common property car park has fell down and broken.

By my understanding is that this would normally be an issue to be raised with the strata of the lot for repairs, but i am unsure of if this damaged was caused by the tenants which was occupying the property or due to general wear and tear of the fence and it was already broken but i was unaware of.

Apart from how the fence was damaged is there anything i should do prior to settlement on Monday in 3 days as i feel that i was not aware of this issue and that if the fence was previously broken i might have not proceeded with this purchase.

During the process of purchasing this property i have done building inspection report as well as an strata report.

The building inspection report came back with "The fences are mainly constructed from timber.
Wet rot or defects were noted to the wooden fences. The fences
are leaning and repairs are required"

2013 strata report did mention that they have "agreed to replace fences adjacent to Lot 1 and Lot 3 (being the property i intend to purchase) to match. Liaise with executive committee re boundary fence on driveway"

2014 strata report "agreed to replace boundary fence of Lot 1 and Lot 3 as required"

Is this something i should really be worried about or just wait for the strata to go ahead with fixing it. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated thanks

Contact the exec of the BC, introduce yourself as the new owner & that you are keen to have the fences replaced now that they have fallen down. Ask when are the works to be commenced

Back