For a quick turnaround am I better off buying in new suburbs, ones like Craigieburn and Epping North? For long term I would buy in a more established suburb.

I know what you mean by suburb and townhouse or house. At this point I just feel confused because to me, Cragieburn seems like a family estate, I cant see many people wanting to buy a 2 bedroom townhouse...

For a quick turnaround am I better off buying in new suburbs, ones like Craigieburn and Epping North? For long term I would buy in a more established suburb.

Property is usually a long-term investment. Certainly the types of properties you are buying are meant to be for a long-term investment but I can't see it going up in value in the near future for the reasons I have already specified. Your property investor helping you out is probably working for the major developers in those areas - nothing wrong with that but you have to understand where the bias lies.

I am very confused. Any suggestions or recommendations would be really appreciated.

Hi Stephanie,

What and where to buy is dependent upon your chosen investment strategy.

You see property is merely the vehicle. The strategy is how you intend driving that vehicle.

Unfortunately the mistake I see newbies and sometimes not so newbies is that they are property focused instead of strategy focused which is like putting the cart before the horse.

Property investing is not about property rather about the strategy and the way you intend to use the vehicle to get to where you are wanting to go. No good buying a small shopping car if you intend driving interstate on a family holiday.

What strategy/s are best for you is determined by where you are wanting to go, the time frame you want to get there in and how hands on along the way you want to be ( manual/automatic etc) - all based around your personal risk profile.

Decide on what your chosen investment strategy is and the what & where to purchase will be throwing themselves at you.

I hope this provides some food for thought.

Yes it certainly does

I understand that I am following a strategy, but I feel like I am having trouble trusting the strategy.

Hopefully I will figure it all out.

Thankyou very much everybody for your help and advice.

Very much appreciated.

Don't buy from this investment company they r representing their interests not yours.

Buy something urself or use a buyers advocate.

You are going to get exploited.

Please buy nothing or use someone else represting YOU. A BA or increase ur knowledge and buy yourself.

Back