Townsville Property Manager Recommendations

Can anyone recommend a good property manager in Townsville? I have recently bought in Kirwan and it is currently rented through First National Nicholson. They appear to have done a decent job. The current tenants have just signed up to their 3rd year and the house is in great condition, but I still want to see what other recommendations are out there.

I'm also looking at rates. The current mob charge 8.5% ex gst as well as a 1 week letting fee, $6 mth statement fee, $55 lease renewal and $38.50 EOFY fee. Does this sound reasonable/standard for the area?

For my other IP in Ballina, I pay a flat rate of 8% ex gst with no extras. Statement fee seems a bit rich; I already pay them a monthly management fee. Also $55 for a lease renewal? Print out the lease and get the tenants to sign it; is it that hard? Once again, aren't I paying a monthly fee for them to manage it?

There is one mob that I looked up that charged 10% as well as other costs. Their claim to fame is a .89% vacancy rate in 2011.

BR

Hi Bantom,

I am in exactly the same position as you. I am about to go from a DHA leased investment to a private market in September with my property in Douglas. I have made enquiries with that company you refer to and YES it appears expensive I suppose. They do make some claims that if they dont rent your property out after 14 days they will pay you the market rent etc. After paying 16.5% with DHA and dropping to 10% is seems good but the maintainance and vacancy threats are a worry when the rate is around 4% apparently.

I will watch this post with interest mate.

Back