Townsville - what's happening?

Just wanting to get some insight from Townsville locals regarding what is happening in the market at the moment.

We have a block of land in Thuringowa, not sure whether to sell, build and sell or build and rent.

Thanks in advance

I think picking up....although there are a lot of "sardine developments" out there at the moment...almost getting cheaper than a few years ago. I think now is not the time to sell, but that's just my opinion...

Very little. I'm selling a property I've owned for three years and HOPE to get the headline price I paid for it. Remember it is a base for fly in/fly out miners.

Very little. I'm selling a property I've owned for three years and HOPE to get the headline price I paid for it. Remember it is a base for fly in/fly out miners.

Yeah but next yr you have the whole of 3 RAR moving from Sydney to Townsville, going to be a massive over load on DHA and live on accommodation on base....

I think long term Townsville has a lot going for it, mining, army, raaf, uni and possibility of a US base ( not that I think that is a good thing, personal i don't like the Americans attitudes, Japan is not happy with the base they have in there country and they are trying to sus a new loc to post there troops )

Dead as a doornail from what I'm told. My parents are selling an IP in Thuringowa...been on the market for a few weeks but very little interest across the board apparently.

Townsvilles been pretty stale since late 2007. Cant rely on defence moving up here too soon as I heard its been delayed until 2012. Even so they wont move everyone at once they will slowly move them is small packets (as most would be fighting to stay in Sydney). Also there is a massive oversupply of new units in Townsville. The RAAF have pretty much closed down and moved on as well since the caribou aircraft has retired from service. I thought the area was over priced in 2007 personally I'm glad it hasn't continued to do so.

Cheers

Just heard from a source this weekend that the move for 3RAR isn't until 2012 and that is only if building is on schedual (which has been stated this weekend in a north qld paper that it will be delayed until 2013)

Back