Tracking RE Webpages

Evenin' All,

I've been keen to buy a property in an area not so close to home. As an assistant, because I'm online all day everyday, I use a Web page alerting software tool to tell me if new ppties have been added or removed from the Real estate search pages I track.

It's also interesting to watch if any properties reduce in price in an area being monitored.

I personally prefer Website Watcher! I've also used URLy Warning (small program that 'does the job', I don't know if it's widely avail. now though).

http://www.agentland.com/Download/5Monitoring_agents/Alerting_agents/index.html

Hope it may benefit some of you... :D

Hrmmm interesting idea

Say something is added to realestate.com.au - you get a msg about it.... but say your only interested in one property type/area ...

can you setup something like that ?

Originally posted by XBenX
Hrmmm interesting idea

Say something is added to realestate.com.au - you get a msg about it.... but say your only interested in one property type/area ...

can you setup something like that ?

realestate.com.au uses a search string in the address bar... so in theory, yes you could.

Thanks Loz, I've been looking for s/w like that!

No problem. :)

The one site that annoys me is property.com.au it seems to change and update more data with no real extra information.
I still track it though, you never know, it may hold that hidden elusive deal! ;)

Cheers!
Loz

PS. As well as tracking all my RE pages, I have a couple of links to the Train Delays and RTA Traffic Monitoring Reports/Cameras... They've saved me a few hours of hassle waiting in Syd to Central Coast traffic at home time!!!!

Back