Tradie Recommendations for Victoria

Hi guys,

A duplicate thread because I just found that I cant edit my 1st post anymore and I suspect its the poll I added as an afterthought. So here's me trying again. The last thread was a bit subdued. Please contribute for the benefit of all on the forum and also for good honest tradies. If reception is good, I'll make similar thread for the other states to benefit everyone and will maintain them. Let's make this a good one!!!

As before, I'm limiting this thread to tradies as I'll start another thread for the professional side like architects,accountants etc. Just post and I'll edit my first post to reflect ongoing recommendations from time to time. If you used them after recommendations from here, feel free to re-recommend them again here so I can put more ppl recommended by that tradie. Also let me know how to make this thread better.

I've left this as a Victorian only thread as I expect the throughput to be high and want to see how it goes before starting another thread for other states and trying to maintain them. You must have used them as a client/customer. NO PLUGGING YOUR OWN BUSINESS as I want this list to be a good representation of reputation.

This is the template (any further ideas let me know)

Tradie type (aka builder, painter):
Name:
Contracted Suburb(as some tradies don't travel too far):
Recommended by:
Likes about that tradie:

Hope this thread helps and I want to give back to this forum community

I'll start here. I've taken some contacts from another thread to start compiling tradie types by alphabetical order.

Bathroom renovation

Tradie type: General home maintenance / Bathroom
Name: Paul Messina
Contracted Suburb: Keysborough
Recommended by: daniellee
Likes: "Looks after decent people. Easily contactable. I will use him again anytime."

Builder

Name- Cassilis Constructions
Suburb: South East Melbourne Suburbs
Dave - 0419343836
Recommendations: morn.pen

Carpets

Name: DMK Carpets
Suburb: Mornington
Recommendations:Ms Jade

Carpet Layer

Name: Andrew Bailey
Suburb: Melbourne
Recommendations: gizmopb1
Likes: "Meticulous work and good work ethics.On time and courteous. A large area of carpet done and was pleased with the results."

Concreter

Name: Pino Guzzo
Recommendation: Ms Jade

Electrician

Name: M.A. Brown
Suburb: West Melb suburbs
Contact: 0400 218 876, http://www.mabrownelectrical.com.au/, [email protected]
Recommendations: mech81
Likes: Punctual, polite, reliable and fair price, good workmanship - only used him so far for minor work but very consistent and meticulous

Heating and Cooling

Name: Surrey Air
Recommendations: cw318
Likes: "professional, detailed quotes, punctual, and honest in giving advice about repair vs new installation - even if it meant a lesser fee for them"

Kitchen Cabinetry

Cabinets- Bayveiw Kitchens
Suburb: Mornington Peninsula
Jason - 0417182735
Recommedations: morn.pen

Plasterer

Name: Ian of freshlookplastering
Recommendations: Kippaxian

Resurface - Kitchen/Bath

Name : Aircoat Australia (Sandro)
Recommendations: Ms Jade

Plumber

Tiler

Name:Nick Weerheim
Recommendations: Ms Jade

The problem I see with this is many people, like myself, may be reluctant to recommend a trade to someone he or she doesnt personally know. The last thing I would want is MY relationship with a good trade to be ruined due to, say, non/late payment by others.

Hi Oscar, I can understand your views as you mentioned above. My hope is to reward good tradies with more business than my own to them. Even with personal friends, even I cant guarantee that my friends will be punctual paymasters. I think it may be unfair for the tradie to cut the relationship with you on the basis that extra work for them through the word of mouth/internet has gone sour especially that its something beyond your control. Has this happened to you before Oscar?

My understanding is that tradies tend to meet more terrible customers on their own than through recommendations from regular customers. I'll ask my tradies and see what their thoughts are on this. Thanks for your feedback Oscar

Dennis

Reblocking

Name: Sam @ Extreme Reblocking
Suburb: Based in Coolaroo. Did our place in Albion
Likes: Recommended to me by a work colleague. Punctual, polite, reliable, HONEST, matched other quotes, very meticulous. Highly recommended.

Back