Transferring SMS from old phone to new phone

Calling all phone nerds!!

Could someone be so kind and tell me how I can transfer my SMS messages to my new phone? Both phones are Samsung and use android.

I've spent the past 3 hours downloading several programmes promising the world and delivering nothing. Surely it can't be this hard??? :D

If you haven't got too many and you got free sms, just forward them across from your old phone. You will need to put your sim in the old phone and put another sim in the new phone. Then just forward them to the phone (using the number on the new phone)

That's a good tip datto. I just need to figure out how to send messages in my inbox to another number.

I used to know all this once upon a time!

Thanks Geoff will try your link. I tried one app this afternoon, everything was going great until midway it prompted me to pay $80 to continue with the transfer. Wasn't sure if it was a scam.

Hodge, when you got the message open just find the forward option or just copy the message and paste it to send it to the new phone. With my iphone I just press the message for 3 seconds and the "copy" option appears. I can then paste it and send.

If you press the message for a few seconds it should give the option to forward or copy text.

As for an app, check out the reviews first. Sometimes people will tell you if you have to pay up.

400 ! lol I hope you got about 12 hours to spare and your not charged 25c per sms.

You could take a photo of the messages

There's always a work around

Also check settings if there is a way to download messages to sim or memory card

Geoff I'm trying the app now. Will let you know how it goes.

Datto- what I thought was 400 text messages is actually 3767 to be exact!

Thanks, will try this. Do you install this program on your phone or pc?

PC. Backup old phone then restore to new one. You can select what you backup and what you restore.ie SMS only if you want. I'm assuming you are using "messages" and not another app for sms

Reactions: BV
PC. Backup old phone then restore to new one. You can select what you backup and what you restore.ie SMS only if you want. I'm assuming you are using "messages" and not another app for sms

Thanks will give this a go Today and let you know how I go.

Myoung you're a gun!! All done with Samsung Kies.

One thing I should point out though is that it actually backs up deleted msgs as well so when transferring to the new phone you will have msgs from years ago that have been deleted. Doesn't really matter as it is easy enough to delete.

Back