Travel Insurance with Bereavment Cover

Hi all

Can anyone recommend a travel insurance company that has family bereavement cover?

My partner is from the UK originally and her folks are getting on a bit. We have a couple of trips coming up so would like to get annual travel insurance.

The key area of cover would be to make sure that if there is a death in her family or serious illness and she needs to fly during when a holiday is booked we would get the cost of the holiday refunded.

I'm reading through countless PDS so a pointer in the right direction would be appreciated!

Any associated pre-existing condition will be excluded, both for you and anyone you may have a connection to in a claim (i.e., parent with heart condition). Also, most have age restrictions for relatives if you wish to break your trip to attend his/her funeral (i.e., grandma is 100).
Marg

No issue with pre-existing conditions. Only one is her mum has had an ankle replacement, plus minor blood pressure stuff which is not a pre-existing.

The main issue is her family are in the UK and a lot of policies only cover Australian/NZ relatives. Not looking for cover to fly over there - just to cover to cover cancellations caused by anything beyond our control.

I think anything underwritten by Allianz is out, which is a fair share of the market. Looks like companies underwritten by Lloyds might be ok.

I'm pretty sure Covermore do as it was something we asked about when getting the policy but didn't need to claim so not sure how strong it was going to hold up if claimed.

Back