Tree Lopping

Hi All,

I need an 80 meter tree lopped half way as half the tree is dead and if it comes down it will take down power lines and a house down the bottom.

I've just had a quote for 1650$ to get it lopped halfway,the rest i'll remove myself.

Anyone had a tree lopped and is this quote in the ballpark?

Cheers Spades.

That is a massive tree. Are you sure it is 80 metres high and not 80 feet? If 80 metres that is a cheap quote.
We were quoted $1850 for a 25 metre gum tree. We thought this was a bit dear so ended up getting an excavator in and dug around bottom and then pushed it over - total cost $470.
When power lines are involved in our area the power company does the trees at no cost and then leaves us the mulch which is not bad. I would check this option first.
Good luck.

Hi charlieandkath,

I'm way off the mark and is around 80 feet high not 80 metres.

Going by your quote,i'll get a couple more quotes.

Also tree is in the backyard so no chance of the power company lopping the tree.

Cheers Spades.

Had a really big gum tree chopped down and stump removed - about a year ago - for $2000.

Make sure they have insurance!

Hi Terry_w,

Thanks for the heads up!

First quote i had,the guy had full insurance.

I do know how important insurance is,as if the tree came down the wrong way,it would take down power lines and the house below.

The tree is on high priority atm.

Cheers Spades.

Lopping is a special skill. I watched a program on today tonight once where amatures go around saying they are experts etc - and they were standing on the branch they were cutting with a chain saw.

The guys that I used climbed up very high using harnesses and chopped it down bit by bit with every piece falling down in pin point accuracy. Got 2 years worth of firewood from that tree

Hey Terry, can you PM me the contact for the tree lopper you used (if you still have it). I've been getting quite a few of these letter box drops (it does give the feel of amateurs doing it), and I am weary of using these guys.

Hey Terry, can you PM me the contact for the tree lopper you used (if you still have it). I've been getting quite a few of these letter box drops (it does give the feel of amateurs doing it), and I am weary of using these guys.

nek, I can't even remember who I seen last week. I recall the business had the word 'tree' in the name - that should narrow it down.

Lopping in Greensborough

Hi All,
I'm also in the market to have a tree lopped. If anyone can recommend a Melbourne company they have had a positive experience with I'd be interested. I'm in the Greensborough area and looking to get a 17-20 metre tree lopped from a backyard.

Hi All,
I'm also in the market to have a tree lopped. If anyone can recommend a Melbourne company they have had a positive experience with I'd be interested. I'm in the Greensborough area and looking to get a 17-20 metre tree lopped from a backyard.
I can recommend Jacks Trees for Melbourne suburbs.
They did a great job on an insurance claim for us (organised by insurer, not us), so I got them to do a bit of work at an IP for us as well. Our trees were smaller though, about 10mts or so.

They are damn quick when removing a whole tree as they usually send a team of at least half a dozen blokes. I reckon your tree will be gone in 30 mins ;)

Not sure how competitive the price is - but I know they'll come out & quote you.

We got loppers in a few weeks ago to trim back a few gums and de stump. Awesome to watch. The difference in pricing between companies was surprising. One quoted 4k and another 14k for the same job.

A second thumbs up for Jacks trees. I have used then several times and never had an issue. I believe he may be related in some way to Taylor's trees, one of the biggest in Vic.
Regards
PP:)

Back