Tree on nature Strip

hey everyone,

just looking at a property that has a huge tree right int he middle of a nature strip.

How does this effect subdividability potential???

thanks everone

Depends if you need to stick in an extra driveway, really, and whether the place you want to stick a driveway has a great big tree right there.

I have council 'landscaping' right where I want to stick a driveway. No trees, just kerbing, mulch and some really sick looking shrubs. I think it is on TOP of the road rather than the road going around it. Several people on my street have had their 'landscaping' removed, there's one every dozen metres or so, most are badly placed. Concrete kerbing, however, is easier to get rid of than a tree.

Trees are a hot topic this week!

The tree belongs to the council DONT TOUCH IT before you speak to them first.
I have known of people who have removed old ugly nature strip tree,s and they were legally forced to replace the tree with one of the same size. Very very expensive.
You only hope is if the tree is diseased or dying.
Its easy to speak to council, do that first. Be honest with them you never know your luck.
cheers
yadreamin

Ok here is a picture of the property with the tree in front,

it does look like a major issue/consideration especially for subdivision!!

What does everybody think!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 195
Looks a bit unstable to me.
My neighbour wanted to remove the tree from his nature strip as he thought it was unstable. Council said no. He wrote to them requesting an assurance from them that the tree would not fall over and injure people on his property. He stated he needed to send it to his insurance company as they are aware of the unstable tree and may refuse a claim if it fell over. Council agreed to cutting it down. I don't know whether they came out to inspect it.

yep, just found out that the tree in question is "council protected"

looks like it will be a major thorn in subdividing unless there are other ways to eliminate the tree..

a freind did tell me that drilling in copper nails kills the tree and the council are obliged to remove it......... just a passing comment!

yep, just found out that the tree in question is "council protected"

looks like it will be a major thorn in subdividing unless there are other ways to eliminate the tree..

a freind did tell me that drilling in copper nails kills the tree and the council are obliged to remove it......... just a passing comment!

It takes very little to kill a tree, its also very easy for council to replace it with one nearly as big because they have their very own supply of "advanced tree,s"

good thing you checked with council about the tree before you bought the property.
cheers
yadreamin

With that tree is doesn't look so much that the trunk is a problem - seems to be enough room on the left for another driveway. The problem is the low swinging branches straight out to the left where in theory the driveway would be.

With that tree is doesn't look so much that the trunk is a problem - seems to be enough room on the left for another driveway. The problem is the low swinging branches straight out to the left where in theory the driveway would be.

great so does this mean its a big no no or a maybe or a definte for subdivision??

Say nothing to the council or any other neighbours then -

On a quiet night dig down to the roots drill some holes and fill with zero place plastic wrap over hole and cover up again then wait. If no immediate results then dig up again and repeat until such time that it starts browning off.

Ones desired browning achieved dig up and remove plastic wrap and refill hole water vigorously so cover the fact that it is freshly dug ground. Helps to also spread lawn cuttings around.

Leave for a couple of months and then complain about the dead tree to said council.

Have never done thisbut just heard about it being done:eek::D

Cheers

Back