Tree roots causing damage

Definitely not something that required focus or actionable in one day.
I would be interested to see what the actual outcome was of this in the next several months.

Anyway thanks for sharing Biz
X

I had a house years ago, plumbers were my best friend coming out to eat up all those tree roots from my old terracotta pipes at least once a year. One misguided plumber told me it was my trees. Rather then suck it up and replace all the pipes with pvc, I eventually cut down my two large trees.

Yep, still had problems with tree roots. Seems trees will travel far and wide to seek out those cracked terracotta pipes, so it could have been any neighbours trees.

I had a house years ago, plumbers were my best friend coming out to eat up all those tree roots from my old terracotta pipes at least once a year. One misguided plumber told me it was my trees. Rather then suck it up and replace all the pipes with pvc, I eventually cut down my two large trees.

Yep, still had problems with tree roots. Seems trees will travel far and wide to seek out those cracked terracotta pipes, so it could have been any neighbours trees.

Good post.

The problem is that the terracotta pipes do in time leak from the joints. The roots are going to the water leak which must have occurred first.

As well, it was not unusual for the plumber to install OK then the builder dumped a load of rock and clay shale on the pipes. I have encountered this problem numerous times and the solution is to go ahead with plastic leaving the neighbor out of it.

Fences are the same. Go ahead and let the neighbor know what you are doing. Do it and pay yourself. Heaps better than entering into argy bargy and debates over the state of the fence and so on. Get on with your life.

Back