Tree roots in drain - whos responsibility is it??

Update and resolution

Taking WattleIdo's advice with the enquiry approach to the Strata Management, I sent an email with the plumbers invoice (which luckily stated that the problem was due to roots in the pipeline). The strata management forwarded the email to the Exec Committee who agreed to reimburse the bill and investigate taking down the tree.

All in all, to date, I am quite happy. While I haven't got the money just yet (I was a bit slow to provide my bank details for reimbursement), I was pleased with the speed and agreement of the strata managers to reimburse and resolve the issue. Hopefully the tree will be taken down soon so as to stop the problem reoccurring or the strata managers may receive further bills for blocked drains!

I was pleased with the speed and agreement of the strata managers to reimburse and resolve the issue. Hopefully the tree will be taken down soon so as to stop the problem reoccurring or the strata managers may receive further bills for blocked drains!

That's great ChrisA1! The Exec Committee is probably relieved that you've gone ahead and dealt with the plumbers yourself so they don't have to spend time deciding on which one to get.

We have to do the same thing where my flat is - but a neighbours trees so a little tricky.

Cheers :)

Back