Trough's in laundry.

Hey all.

I just was discussing troughs in laundry the question was do you think they are still needed?

I personally think no because don't really use them but from a plumbing perspective you may have to.

What's everyone's thoughts.

I would hate to not have a trough in my laundry. I use it heaps for cleaning, soaking and washing up after messy work like painting so my bathrooms would be trashed and messy if I didn't have one.

Or are you suggesting a normal sink rather than a big trough?

I guess it depends on your market too - for a family I would keep it, but perhaps not so much for single/couple only?

A trough/sink in the laundry is a necessity... you may think its unnecessary but when resell time comes, could be another story.

A trough/sink in the laundry is a necessity...

Depends on the property. 3x of mine have combined bathroom/laundry or kitchen/laundry and renting them hasn't been a problem.

It's very property/area dependant I would say as a minimum though you do need a water source in the same room. So either a bathtub, vanity, basin etc.

Depends on the property. 3x of mine have combined bathroom/laundry or kitchen/laundry and renting them hasn't been a problem.

It's very property/area dependant I would say as a minimum though you do need a water source in the same room. So either a bathtub, vanity, basin etc.

I was meaning it is a necessity for me. :)

At the very least you need a water source you can get a big bucket under. A big deep sink is a great solution for that. A bathtub or even a shower with an ordinary tap in it can suffice.

As for the old laundry trough, it ceased to become a necessity with the advent of the automatic washing machine. Nice to have maybe, but huge opportunity cost in terms of space.

At the very least you need a water source you can get a big bucket under. A big deep sink is a great solution for that. A bathtub or even a shower with an ordinary tap in it can suffice.

As for the old laundry trough, it ceased to become a necessity with the advent of the automatic washing machine. Nice to have maybe, but huge opportunity cost in terms of space.

If we didnt have the twin troughs in our laundry we'd have run out of water years ago.

Thats where you put the outlet hose off the washing machine, put the plugs in on the last cycle (rinse) and when the machine stops the water gets sucked back into the machine. Just have to get the clothes out quickly before they get wet again after spinning.

That water then is the start of a new wash.

More important to us I guess cause we have no town water. But even then its a saving of water isnt it?

Yep skater, I wash clothes, cook dinner, but will never ever iron anything. Just fold properly?.;)

i use my laundry trough to wash the big items that barely fit in the kitchen sink. makes it so much easier.
i use it more for other things than i do laundry

I would not survive without my laundry trough...i use it to handwash and soak the kids clothes that need a bit of a napisan treatment. I often also use it to wash my really big jumbo stock pots which are messy to deal with in my domestic sink.

Again from a sale point of view, i wouldn't think of omitting one as what may not be a necessity for you may probably be for others.

Back