Truganina - Yay or Nay

A good friend of mine is looking at buying a block of land in Truganina. Me personally, I am not a fan of areas around Tarneit and Wyndham as there are still heaps of land available limiting capital growth, however, I am not that familiar with Truganina.

What do you guys think of Truganina? Possible area that will experience capital growth? What is the general feel of the area?

Thanks everyone.

A good friend of mine is looking at buying a block of land in Truganina. Me personally, I am not a fan of areas around Tarneit and Wyndham as there are still heaps of land available limiting capital growth, however, I am not that familiar with Truganina.

What do you guys think of Truganina? Possible area that will experience capital growth? What is the general feel of the area?

Thanks everyone.

Nay. Nay. Nay. You can do much much better.

Nay. Nay. Nay. You can do much much better.

Agree. There is no shortage of the franchise commodity out there......land !

And there's plenty of it. They will be carving up blocks ad infinitum and they will be tiny; think 300-350 sq m. My feeling is they will extend these areas to the N/W filling in the triangle of thistles all the way through to Melton. IMO Melton itself would be a better bet.

In the west, I would prefer in-fill areas around Altona and closer in. I would also prefer second hand houses in Hoppers or Werribee close to infrastructure such as the shops or trains.

What is it being bought for? To build and live there one day? Hold as land and sell it one day? Keep chooks?

The Y-man

What is it being bought for? To build and live there one day? Hold as land and sell it one day? Keep chooks?

The Y-man

They are buying to build on for PPOR. They are the kind of people that has to live in a new/newish house.

Which areas do you guys recommend where they can buy H&L or build or buy newish house for less than $450k?

Also, as they currently live in Tarneit, they would like to remain on the west side of Melbourne.

They are buying to build on for PPOR. They are the kind of people that has to live in a new/newish house.

Which areas do you guys recommend where they can buy H&L or build or buy newish house for less than $450k?

Also, as they currently live in Tarneit, they would like to remain on the west side of Melbourne.

See, that changes the equation IMHO - Capital Growth shouldn't be the top of the list of considerations in that case.

The Y-man

I still think that PPOR should be more than the type of house or location someone wants, it should also consider the need for CG, especially, considering the tax free nature of CGT on PPOR

What about Altona Meadows. Some newer houses around (I just got a 7yo 4/2/2). There are also some blocks still around the place. Love the suburb.

Definite Nay!

They'd be better off looking at second hand stock closer to the cbd rather than clutching onto rosary beads.

Cheers Spades.

Back