Trust me - I'm an accountant

W

WebBoard

Your accountant should be consulted before you buy any equipment, sign a major deal, or sell a property, or you relocate.
In order to do a good job your accountant has to know nearly everything about you, your family, and your business, so find someone you feel comfortable talking with.

Does the forum feel the above statement is true or false?

TW...ps, I am NOT an accountant.
~Life is a daring adventure, or nothing at all~

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

But you never tell anyone anything. Let alone about money, or property! Following the great Wifes advice would logically mean the above statement is totally false!;)

Reply: 1.2

Jeremy, I am not qualified to speak on financial matters, the law says so, the law says I have to have a piece of paper that makes me either an accountant, or a financial planner, etc etc....and my solicitor agrees, I cannot speak on these things. Especially as I have been challenged on trying to sway particular markets. So now I cant even suggest a good suburb!

All I can do is give the odd tip, I've never given you any Jeremy, cause you already know it all.

Besides Jeremy, you just keep asking me the same question, "exactly how many properties do you own", and I keep telling you, " It's none of your damn business, whats it to ya?"

;o)

TW
~Life is a daring adventure, or nothing at all~

Trust me - It's only money

Reply: 1.2.1

Always go for the best looking accountant you can find . Then discuss business over lunch or tax deductible business weekend away.

Reply: 2

Hi TW

If I have placed my trust in my accountant, then my accountant does indeed know much about me (well at least all he needs to know when talking about wealth, financial matters and money). So I would consult my accountant when looking at deals.

So, TW, your statement, in my humble opinion, is right.

Cheers
Apprentice Millionaire

Reply: 1.2.1.1

Teedub, Teedub, Teedub,
I agree with you TOTALLY in what you say except for one small point. Namely, when you shamelessly self promote yourself as a 'guru' and you demand total secrecy about your own achievments. At best I would say a conflict of interests. You may be good with hats, but surely other people, if not you, see the point!
My question (and it is asked constantly I agree) was initiated when you stated in an open forum "I am an open book" and "ask me anything" You replied to me something along the lines of "except for anything specific." Now call me Mr Old Fashioned and picky, but specifics ARE interesting to me, especially when one has the achievements that get you centrefold presentation in an investment magazine.
I have read extensively from Allen to Whitely and so far the only teacher I have had who self promotes who doesn't state actual real life achievments is you. This includes Barton, McKnight (both consumate professionals - one of whom I like to count as a friend) Allen himself, Kiyosaki, etc etc.
I have a friend who is very much like you - except he has had an 'easy road' in comparison. Lets call him '2 sheds.' He has worked for 2 of our BRW 200 property developers. Now funny thing happened when I ask him specifics. He answered years before the same questions I asked you. Now I was very surprised when you answered these things exactly the same!! It was amazing - like a 5 year flash back. Anyway the point I make is that young Mr 2 Sheds has achieved amazingly well. But when I actually found out what he did have I immediately thought "why did you have to allude to what you thought would impress, what you have done is amazing enough" He is totally self employed, a factory ownver, developer, and office owner. I admire him, but he was over the top and vague about anything specifc. Vague the same way Mrs Dubya was years later.
Real nuts and bolts bio's are SO much more interesting and inspiring than a brushed over 'these are the good things that happened' account. Divorces, floods, Law issues, failed/battling ideas, kidnapping, stalking, murder, droughts, plagues, firestorms and possibly even bankruptcy all add to everything people do and have done, not subtract.
In answer to your brief comments, 1 - I wouldnt put it past you at all to sway suburbs (I possibly would do, I certainly try to boost prices in some areas!) 2 - It is important to me cos you promote as a guru, and I take it almost as as an insult that you say I know everything because no one - especially me - does! If you are so scared of retribution from an enraged public, why the promotion? Scared - just be 'average'! Don't want to be an 'average' don't be scared! Simple!

I respect you too much to ignore you, so now you have the answer you asked for! You have lots to tell, be proud of what you have done _everything_ you have done and maybe one day the goal of education you are pursuing will have been completed! I sure as hell want to know what you do!

With affection - Jeremy

Reply: 2.1

Wow! What a response. I am sure there is a lot past history (tautology acknowledged) going on there that I am certainly not aware of. As an observer looking in (really I haven't been in this game awfully long) I really think we need to get past personality clashes and little differences and realize that anyone who has got this far doesn't take anything at face value. We are no longer the naive consumer, so we don't need to be treated like such. If someone doesn't want to reveal all, then that is their prerogative as far as I'm concerned. If this becomes something of a personal minefield then take if off air. Just don't punch each other too hard!

LH. (I probably shouldn't say anything but there you go!)

Reply: 1.2.1.1.1

OK I'll bite. Your curiosity is your problem and TWs need for privacy her prerogative.

I wonder if you subscribe to the theory that those that can, do; and those that don't/can't, teach? Is the quality of teaching directly related to achievement? Are self promotion and privacy/secrecy mutually exclusive as you claim they should be? I know these preconceptions not to be the case.

My advice, which I'm sure you will promptly ignore, leave it be.

warm regards,

Michael Croft

Reply: 2.1.1

TW and most people should know I dont make personal attacks - just observations. I point out things I have noticed thats all! I mean no harm to anyone, and am as happy as the next to applaud (not secret ones tho;))achievments.

Reply: 1.2.1.1.2

Wow... JL ! I don't think I've ever seen you string more than a dozen words together at once in a forum post ! (not suggesting you can't, just that you never bother to) ;-)

Nice to have some more input from someone who has been around a bit and has some points of view that do tend to challenge most people.

I for one would like to hear more about what YOU do.

Most of your posts are short, and at times quite cutting. I think maybe some people would get offended at your abruptness at times, but I think that's more their problem than yours.

What I would like to see is more detail from you and perhaps some more reasoning behind your sometimes radical points of view.

I personally have found in discussions with you in the chatroom that you force me to think in ways I had never conceived of before. You really challenge me to consider why it is I think the way I do and whether it is possible that I could be on completely the wrong track.

So I throw out the challenge to you now JL... how about taking a little more time occasionally to explain yourself in your posts and get some people really thinking. Some more details of what you are investing in, where and why, may help occasionally too.

Of course, I know that you are going to come back with the argument "well, if TW won't give details then why should I". *sigh*. You get that :p

sim.gif

Last edited:

Reply: 1.2.1.1.3

Hi Jeremy

Take a read of the current state of affairs that is happening in the Caveat Emptor forum. With Jon McKenney and Dave :) about to sue each other. It's no wonder TW doesn't post to much about her "life" stuff on the forum. People would try and sue her butt for providing advise etc, or try and take advantage of aspects of it.

And mate, I know it's your style, but with the constant harrasement on trying to find out how many properties TW owns no wonder she ain't telling you.

Being a close friend of TW I'm in a position above most to ask that question with getting a response. And I never asked but do know now, TW one day asked me why I haven't asked her. My answer was I don't really care how many you own, I can see with my eyes what you are doing, where you are going and can learn from that. What you already have does not concern me. Then she proceeded to tell me anyway.

My question to you Jeremy is Why does it concern you?
What will you gain out of knowing?

Cheers
Robert

The Sydney "Freestylers" Group Leader.

PS: "Be Not Afraid Of Growing Slowly, Be Afraid Of Only Standing Still."

Back