Trying to match 10yr old tiles

Can anyone help or suggest ... we have a large tiled living/dining area that we are trying to match.

The tiles are around 10-15 years old and apparently discontinued ... they are not my first choice in tiles, but they will do for the cost and hassle of replacing. There are not any spare tiles on the property to carry around for matching purposes.

Our problem is that the adjoining open plan kitchen has been tiled in the most dog ugly, non matching, poor condition tile ... what were they thinking!?

Anyhow - I've taken a photo of the tiles and rang the "discontinued tile centre" in Peakhurst to see if they have anything in stock.

Well - talk about the worst and most unhelpful customer service I have ever ever come across in Australia. No he will not let me email the photo - no he will not look to see if he has any that might remotely match - apparently our only option is to drive 5 hours to see "if" they might, perhaps have some in stock.

Now - I wouldn't mind the drive if it was a "yes" we have the tile but the colour may vary. If the colour wasn't perfect I'd just stick a feature tile between the old and new.

It's not like we're after one tile - I'm wanting around 20-30m2.

Does anyone know of a place that might be more helpful? I've attached a photo of the tile in case anyone is heading out to this customer unfriendly place and they happen to spot it.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• WP_20140117_001.jpg
    WP_20140117_001.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 204
I'm guessing if their usual customers are buying much more than 30 square metres then they're not going to both with helping out a small timer.

Peakhurst is about 16kms from where I live. If you get stuck and are desperate for someone to drive out to have a look at what they have, I can go for a quick spin on an early Sat morning for you and send you pics of any similar tiles I find. You might want to check if they accept credit card payments over the phone though because I have a feeling that would **** you right off if you found what you needed, but couldn't buy it and get it delivered. ;)

I think they more "don't do it" because they get people ringing thru wanting 1-2 tiles only to replace broken or chipped ones, and it's not worth their time to rummage thru the whole warehouse looking for them.

Does say something about their setup tho - wouldn't it be easier to have a computer program where you photograph the tile when it comes in - put a brief programmable description on (size, colour, style) - so they could look it up and point people in the right direction.

Anyhow - fokas :D - only if - if you feel in the mood for a drive and fossick ... :D ... I'm happy to drive down for a closer look, and then pay and pickup if they're suitable, but only if I know there is something vaguely worth driving down for.

I'm sure I could thru a case of wine in the boot for your efforts ... :D

Looks like some awful pinkish-beige tiles I was trying to match in Cairns. Previous owner tiled whole house except a large patch behind the fridge. Drove to 6 unhelpful tile shops with a broken piece to match the colour and ended up with something that looked completely different once in the house. Luckily since its the fridge cavity no one should notice much.

If all else fails, could you get someone to spray resurface the ones that don't match?

Back