Trying to save a maniac

how would like it if during an auction a punter leans over and says "this is going to be the biggest mistake of your life". No, not from another auction competitor but an observer because he thinks there is going to be some property meltdown. It happened on the weekend to a guy in ivanhoe as he was bidding for a 850sqm knock down. This "advisor" is worth sweet fark all, but still has the audacity to give free advice to bidders at auction? wtf. You would think that you'd have to pretty confident with your own financial affairs to have to the balls to whisper in the ears of people at an auction, but this bloke's balance sheet is made up of a few dollars of cash in the bank.

That's right nothing much to speak of and this knob is "advising" people on asset allocation, despite being hardly worth a cent.

Work that out.

Whats your point? If you know the guy and he is worth Fark all - why would you even listen to the dude.

It would have been fun to see how these others reacted to him though.

hi
seems funny to me
its more like stacking an auction to hold down the bids to buy cheaper.
its designed to knock out the pay to much and buy for a song.
usually the guy sticking screwdrivers in to tree and asking if these are white ants
or running a tape measure over cracks and asking people to stand back as he thinks the wall is about to fall over
usually dresse as a engineer or that type and look like he knows whats going on could be in a suit and says he was here for another bidder as there funder and thought he wouldcome along for a laugh as no bank would fund this disaster.
things like this go down well with people when they are looking at buying as it takes the edge off the auction.
for me its fun and you can have a laugh some times

how would like it if during an auction a punter leans over and says "this is going to be the biggest mistake of your life". No, not from another auction competitor but an observer because he thinks there is going to be some property meltdown. It happened on the weekend to a guy in ivanhoe as he was bidding for a 850sqm knock down. This "advisor" is worth sweet fark all, but still has the audacity to give free advice to bidders at auction? wtf. You would think that you'd have to pretty confident with your own financial affairs to have to the balls to whisper in the ears of people at an auction, but this bloke's balance sheet is made up of a few dollars of cash in the bank.

That's right nothing much to speak of and this knob is "advising" people on asset allocation, despite being hardly worth a cent.

Work that out.

Nothing wrong with "tyre-kickers",for some people sats auctions are a day out,they find every fault in the property,tells everyone that will listen that they will be the highest bidders,then when the "Sideshow"kicks off they stand there with a blank look on their faces,hand in the pockets and the property gets passed in on a 3 vendors bids, then they turn around and tells everyone,the property was overval;ued, and the only bid was from the big gum tree in the front of the block full or white ants..lol..willair..

If I'd done my research and knew what amount I could go to, I wouldn't listen to a random tosser in the crowd.

Regards
Marty

Have you got his number? Would like to hire him to talk down my competititon at the next auction. He brings a new meaning to 'buyers advocate' - Mick Gatto style.

Back