• No

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • Donkey vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:D :D :D WE LOVE SMILEYS! :D :D:D

Sheesh. What next?

Smileys are a way to build intonation into a post. It is a way to allow feeling so that there is a lower possibility of misunderstanding. :rolleyes:

You can turn the avatars off, and the sigs off and will soon be able to change the colours of your board. But Gee... Leave the smileys alone, please!

Everyone vote :D NO :D keep the smileys!

asy :D

The internet would be dead if we took away the ability to act in a physical way here. *laughs*

Yay for :----------------------------)

;)

Sunstone.

That's a bit rough Jerry.

The forum is about community. Without the community the forum is nothing. If the community wants something, we as administrators would be wise to listen to them, or risk losing our members.

That's why Mike posted the poll... to get feedback from the community.

How RUDE Jerry!

Sheesh.

Even if I don't agree with Mark about his smile-less-ness, he is entitled to his opinion. :)

Wasn't the saying:

"I do not agree with what you are saying, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Jerry, your posts recently have been nothing if not inflammatory, irrelevant and in some cases ridiculous. GROW UP.

Perhaps it is not them that need to look for a new forum.

asy. :(

Asy,

You took the words right out of my mouth.

I agree that everyone has an opinion but there is absolutely no reason to become dictative about it. That is how wars occur.

Smilies are a nice welcome if they are not over used.

:)

It's very easy to mis-interpret peoples intent when reading newsgroups or email. Emoticons (smilies) help to clarify what the author is feeling when they write a document.

PT_Bear

I love smileys!

Please please keep them, smileys represented the intonation of our messages so much better then just typing the smiley faces.

Plus they are fun to look at :D

Like them :) ..... Love them...:D Adore them ;)

Hi peoples,

No problem at all with the :) 's. The thing we should be careful with (IMHO) is the use of graphic signatures. I know you can turn them off but I think restricting them to text only might prevent the forum from becoming a ful colour advertising catalogue for various peoples business'. A few lines of textual information is ok but the graphics are a little overpowering.

Cheers
Chris

Hey, Sunstone,

referring to this:-

Yay for :----------------------------)

It HAS to be Pinnochio, right???

(What's my prize?? Huh??)

;)

Last edited:
Yep Les.

Definitely a Pinnochio this time.

Prize......................

Think a new thought each day. A new thought not only keeps you young but inspires your dreams in a golden way.

Cheers,

Sunstone.

;---------------)

Hey

My vote is to keep the smiles, lights, thumbs and the icons. It is a new beginning of a new language afterall.

Cheers Donna ;)

Back