Tv - Show Renovators #2

That is funny Don...I have given some tenants notice so I can renovate the house. They have been there 10 years and it really needs an upgrade.

It will keep me busy until the next series :D

Chris

I bought the pendant lights and fittings for my new ensuite ... but may have to move before renovation. :(

We shall see.

p.s. I don't get foxtel for the simple reason as I'd not be able to extract myself from the couch with all those reno shows on.

That is funny Don...I have given some tenants notice so I can renovate the house. They have been there 10 years and it really needs an upgrade.

It will keep me busy until the next series :D

Chris

I'm in the final stages of exactly that. The house was original 60's, clean & tidy when they went in. When they left it was original 60's, filthy dirty, roach infested, yard like a jungle, etc.

Now back to clean & tidy, repainted, new kitchen, new fittings in bathroom, damage repaired and thinking of chopping half the yard off it to put a Granny Flat on. Less maintenance and more rent. :D

The reason I decided it was now time to renovate was receiving the PMs report on her inspection which stated:

We are pleased to report that the tenants are maintaining property in good order throughout.

Some items of non urgent maintenance to report are as follows
:

1. Kitchen - Two knobs are missing on the oven, so a spanner is needed to turn on the oven. This really needs to be replaced.
2. Bathroom - More tiles have come off in the shower
3. Carpets - all need replacing, especially the lounge room
3. Decking/Porch - the rear pergola which previously fell down, needs to be removed
4. Fencing - the fence needs to be nailed back on the courtyard side

Since then the PM has phoned to say more knobs have gone missing from the cooktop. I presume this is because they have two small children

To me is sounds like I need to get in there and totally renovate.

The thing that amused me was that the tenant was maintaining the property in good order :D I wonder what it would be like if they were not!!!!

Chris

The thing that amused me was that the tenant was maintaining the property in good order :D I wonder what it would be like if they were not!!!!

Chris

That's what I was thinking as I was reading it as well as the non-urgent repairs that included the pergola falling down and needing to be removed. :eek:

One of the agents we had around to do an appraisal of our house said that all the property shows on TV are rubbish and that styling/ renovating makes no difference to the price/ sale time.
He lost us right there, since we enjoy watching all the Lifestyle shows. :p

We didnt watch The Renovators though. I think Channel 10 should stop doing these sort of shows 6 nights a week. It is too much, and gets boring really quickly. After getting burned out watching masterchef, I decided not to start watching Renovators. I occassionally saw a bit of the ending, but thats about it.

One of the agents we had around to do an appraisal of our house said that all the property shows on TV are rubbish and that styling/ renovating makes no difference to the price/ sale time.

We didnt watch The Renovators though. I think Channel 10 should stop doing these sort of shows 6 nights a week. It is too much, and gets boring really quickly. After getting burned out watching masterchef, I decided not to start watching Renovators. I occassionally saw a bit of the ending, but thats about it.

I recorded the whole series and only watch when i have time. Still got 60~odd episodes left.
Unfortunately i know who won now - thanks guys ;)

Hehe I'm with you on the lifestyle shows Penny- seriously addictive!
I agree that the show went too long but the timing wasn't exactly beneficial. If they do bring it back next year I think you'll find some changes are afoot.

Anybody catch ACA last night? I don't usually watch it but happened to notice they were picking on Michael about unpaid invoices. Didn't see the whole article. Any thoughts?

There was an article in the news about it last week- apparently, a plumber did work at the site for free in exchange for advertising/plugs on telly. The plugs never made it to the telly (probably edited out entirely) and so now the plumber wants 15k for his work.

Back