TV Show Selling Houses Australia

I watch this show all the time and I'm pretty impressed by some what these guys can achieve on a relatively small budget.
My other half recons that they show doesn't charge for the labor costs or at least the expertise of the interior and landscape designers, does anyone know if that true?

From my understanding of similar shows (Changing Rooms etc) here in Oz I do believe that this is true. Mind you, they do some impressive ones, don't they? I loved the one where they added the extra outdoor living room and the pool was out the front of the property (what were the owners thinking??!)

On that episode, it looked like there was enough room to build the pool at the side or the back from the start. Obviously, they didn't. It would have cost a lot more for access, extra digging, retaining walls etc.

The owners said "it was easier" for the pool builder to put it where he did. Sounds like it might have been the same builder who plonked our filter and all the pipes in FRONT of the retaining wall where it was meant to be hidden :eek:.

By then though, we just wanted it finished. Hubby moved it all behind the wall when they had gone (and gone bust as well).

Love the show but it amazes me the number of people who do not clean up there house and yard eg take rubbish to tip.

Also people who start many little projects in the house but don't finish one project before going onto the next.

Cheers
Sheryn

Love the show but it amazes me the number of people who do not clean up there house and yard eg take rubbish to tip.

Also people who start many little projects in the house but don't finish one project before going onto the next.

Cheers
Sheryn

Hey, that's me - what's wrong that that!?!?? :D What about starting many large projects? :eek:

I always think Andrew needs someone to guide him regarding his fashion. It always just doesn't quite look right, but I can never tell what is wrong.

(My son says I never quite look fashionable enough either, so I shouldn't be giving advice :p.)

Cheers
Sheryn

Dammit, thats me too:(

I agree - there is no way they include the labour costs. I reckon there is about $50,000 worth of uncounted labour, advice and furniture rental in most of those make-overs!

I also think there's $10s of K not counted in the costs, but nonetheless I love the show, if nothing else, for revealing the potential hidden in many ugly ducklings. It's also interesting to imagine what they'd do to your own home, and encourages me to look at it with fresh eyes and think what features of my home other people would find "odd".

I wish I could get them to come and do my house. We have been here for nearly 13 years, and it seems we can never finish anything. I would love someone to come in and do the whole lot in one go.

i love the show too, and watch it religiously.
It's really good for giving a fresh perspective on what a potential buyer would see in your home, and how to "distract" from the poor features of a house and highlight the good features.

Yeah the budgets definitely dont cover labour and professional advice.... but thats all just part of the show :)

Back