Two great looking spec houses

Well, I like them anyway.
2 x 4 bed/3 bath townhouses with garages.
They're in my street and I have watched them go up. It was a decent block with an old house owned by one of the old local Greeks. When the house got bowled over, I didn't hold out much hope and expected an awful, beige box as happens these days.
I walk past the site most days and was heartened when I saw what they were doing.
It's good to see people try and do something a bit interesting.
Scott

Attachments

• Spec houses.jpg
    Spec houses.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 236
They'll be hoping for about $1.4m, so the general public might not be the market. They would be targeting people who want something new but interesting in the inner west.
Hard to say whether they will date. That cladding certainly won't look great a year or two down the track.

I love them.

Of course they will date, but EVERYTHING dates.

Good design has a better chance of being cherished though and standing the test of time. Even when good design is unwanted, it comes back. Just look at the mid-century design. Everything old is new again.

The front doors are my favourite bit. They are huge, too. Much wider and taller than a standard door. I haven't seen them open, but I suspect they are pivoting as opposed to hinged.

awesome!!!

looking at the before (artistic view) to new that the front fence wasnt put in.

Amazing to see from an art work turning into something physical!!!

so how much was the land?

how long did the construction take?

do you think the owner would make a profit in this deal?

The owner would have owned that block since the 1960s. Lots of the local Greeks own multiple properties. They bought them because that sort of thing - owning more than one property - never occurred to Aussies back then.
I bet it would have been one of his children that got the project up and running. And I bet the sale of one of them would cover the total build. Can't remember how long they took - less than a year for sure.

Nice looking places. The kitchen seems to have that generic inner city apartment look to it, but overall it looks good.

Scott, I forgot you were a fan of green - you'd feel right at home in my office where 2 of the walls are lime green!

Back