Typical!

I've been running around doing housework and I go into the lounge room because I want to log onto Somersoft and I notice both Hubby & youngest daughter sitting side by side on the lounge. The TV is on, but neither of them is watching. They are both sitting there on their laptops, posting on the forum.:cool:

I've been running around doing housework and I go into the lounge room because I want to log onto Somersoft and I notice both Hubby & youngest daughter sitting side by side on the lounge. The TV is on, but neither of them is watching. They are both sitting there on their laptops, posting on the forum.:cool:

Your point..?

What are you doing right now..?

And housework..? I believe I was the one that cleaned the house yesterday! :rolleyes:

Rob, you should've!

I'm not lazy! I do the housework, and usually my own washing!

It's okay mother, you won't have to put up with my stuff for much longer..and i won't be doing the housework, so you'll have more to do :p

And all the dishes..? There was like 5 plates!

Quit your whining mother......

hmmm I'm seeing a future where families no longer communicate in person, they do it via electronic devices even if living in the same home, oh wait it's already here :D

hmmm I'm seeing a future where families no longer communicate in person, they do it via electronic devices even if living in the same home, oh wait it's already here :D

Nah! I've been whinging to her all morning. I just thought she might take more notice if I put it out there for everyone to see.:D

When my offspring goes online (online computer games) she complains about me :rolleyes:

However she talks a lot faster than she types so every 5 minutes she comes in the study to tell me something really trivial, and usually something I've already seen because I tend to be playing at the same time as her to keep an eye on her.

Have to say she pays more attention to a written "GO TO BED" than a spoken one.

It has always been the case (with my kids) that someone outside the family telling the kids to do something has been listened to a lot more readily than Mum & Dad.
Hell yes. Been using that one to my advantage for a while - get my parents and my partner's parents to tell her stuff when I'm not around. Teachers chip in too.

Although sometimes she gets so incredibly stuck on something that NOONE can shift her from a train of thought, and then we get major sulks and snits and lots of shouting until it has had some time to churn away in her brain, then she comes back and tells us what we told her as if she thought of it herself and we need to know.

She's away for a month now though ... peeeeace .... *lies back blissfully in the silence*

Although sometimes she gets so incredibly stuck on something that NOONE can shift her from a train of thought, and then we get major sulks and snits and lots of shouting until it has had some time to churn away in her brain, then she comes back and tells us what we told her as if she thought of it herself and we need to know.

Lil was the most stubborn child I have ever known (still is actually):( If she did not get her way she would yell and scream and the carryon would go on for ages. That is, until we would send her to her room. I used to egg her on by telling her that she wasn't loud enough as Bill (the neighbour) couldn't hear her yet. Her screams would escalate, then after a little while, she would come out and appologise, say she loved me and give me a big cuddle.

hang in there skater! I am with you. I got the same stuff from my eldest but didn't it all change when she moved out. now she rings to apologise for how lazy she was when she lived at home:D. nags her siblings that still inhabit this house too. karma is a b*tch ain't it??

Back