U.S. of A brains

wait - astro boy is a kangaroo? she liked dining on astroboy? astroboy is a druggie who eats eucalyptus leaves?

was that a story or an advertorial?

wtf?

Yeah, poor misguided Americans...

KangarooA380gate.jpg

I'm staggered how many Americans don't realise that English is our first language. I've been complimented on my English several times. :eek:

why is tht those who know so little, seem to be so picky about food

cause pizza is american you see, and us australians, we do it really well:rolleyes:

Does anyone remember Afferbeck Lauder and his book Let Stork Strine.

Only remember a few strine words like egg nishner (noun. Device for introducing cooled air to a room)
as in
Fonely tha egg nishner wasn on the blink we'd shut the why door.

A fast disappearing dialect I'm sad to say and C.J. Dennis being fast forgotten even sadder. Ya feel me homes.

it really beats me why they would think we would have 'roos at the airport greeting them...

afterall, do they have grizzly bears, bald headed eagles or even skunks at their airports greeting us?

it really beats me why they would think we would have 'roos at the airport greeting them...

afterall, do they have grizzly bears, bald headed eagles or even skunks at their airports greeting us?
I find that if, when in Customs, you loudly telling the kids to behave or they'll end up in Guantanamo Bay for 6 years - then you'll see how one of the guys there does a great grizzly impersonation... ;)

or even skunks at their airports greeting us?
We had a merkin customs officer that could have been a skunk,
maybe it was the end of e very long shift
Maybe he's been dead for a week, Zombieland, Shaun of the dead there has to be a reason that they are popping out all these zombie movies

At least she didn't call them koala bears (that's my pet hate).

Even some Australians do that.

I've had the good English comment. But maybe they think we are saying Austria?

americans are hopeless (not all, but most) at understanding or having compassion for any country or custom outside their own borders ... which makes them great army grunts, but hopeless peacekeepers and county rebuilders.

bring on the aussie, kiwi and european peacekeepers any day.

Ha ha. Just heard on the news that the parents of that kid that wasn't on that ballon that took off are going to be charged.

The main reason they have got them for fraud, is that by the phone records they rang the TV stations before they rang 000. Oh oh, a bit of a stuff up there, but surely, even if you were pulling this stunt off you'd ring 000 first?

Ya gotta laugh at that.

See ya's.

Back