UK investment depreciation report

Not a question, I just wanted to let anyone know who might like the information.

I just received my first depreciation report on my first investment property which I have owned since 2003. I started to rent it out after moving from the UK to Australia in 2012.

I am delighted to get this at last as I struggled to find someone to do this (although I am not sure if I asked on here)

I carried out a load of renovations before I moved out and because we hadn't had the report created until now I am hoping that I can backdate the previous 2/3 years. Happy to have this clarified and whet my appetite before tax time although I know that the accountant will tell me. If I am reading it correctly it is around $1500 per year

Happy to pass this guys details on if anyone wants it, just message me.

With so many expats living in Australia from the UK, US etc... they could all be claiming Tax Depreciation entitlements on their overseas property to offset against income tax. I personally have a number of properties in the UK which I pay Tax on over the oz and yes I also claim Tax Depreciation entitlements on all of them.

With UK properties most are old, however their are very few properties that have had no money spent on them over the years.

I have some good surveyors in the UK who have completed a number of Tax Depreciation Reports over the years and highly recommend expats also look at claiming their entitlements.

Thanks for post

Koste Tax Depreciation

www.koste.com.au 1300 669 400

We've had ours in u k for a few yrs but have never claimed depreciation. I guess its too late now for us to start claiming now? Never had a depreciation report done.

I was just about to accept a quote from WB but thought I would look on good old Somersoft before I did, just in case. I will get in touch to get more details?

I have an NZ property, as well - anyone have referrals for depreciation schedules over there?

Depreciator - I got in touch with your guys a few months back and they advised they definitely DO NOT do overseas depreciation schedules. I guess this was incorrect information, so you may want to educate your front line!

Depreciator - I got in touch with your guys a few months back and they advised they definitely DO NOT do overseas depreciation schedules. I guess this was incorrect information, so you may want to educate your front line!

You might have misunderstood. We do overseas properties every week. There are three UK properties, a couple of NZ ones and a KL one going through the system right now.

We can do them in any places where we have people in our network who know the historical cost of construction.

Scott

Back