Unbelievable! Tenants to be able to sublet in NSW!

I suggest, Daniel, that you take a chill pill

Agreed :D. This is the same Daniel G that was so glad not to have purchased any more IPs because the Henry review might do something with neg. gearing or land tax or some such other thing that was not even tabled yet - let alone passed into legislation. :p

Life isn't to be taken that seriously surely? (maybe I'm too laid back):rolleyes:

Now there's a statement that a few hundred thousand investors around the country, especially the elderly Landlord's who rely on the income to live on, might slightly disagree with.

Dazz, you are of course quite correct. I should have more correctly said "growth investors" or "investors like me".

There are as you say, plenty of elderly living off rental income and CP investors like yourself who do like to live off rentals.

Please accept my apologies.:eek:

Agreed :D. This is the same Daniel G that was so glad not to have purchased any more IPs because the Henry review might do something with neg. gearing or land tax or some such other thing that was not even tabled yet - let alone passed into legislation. :p

LOL!:rolleyes:

I'd like to do a poll. For those who own your own home, have you ever painted your walls black? If not, why not?

Nope, can't say I have. Basically because the room would be too dark! Can't say in all my years of renting (did so for about 6 or 7 years) that I ever painted even one wall in the whole house. No way I was going to waste the little cash I had on someone's elses property!

I did! :eek:

When I was about 14 I painted my parents bathroom wall black. It didn't look too bad. Only one wall though.

Landlords..this is what you do

There is no way I am going to allow my tennants to sublet. I've spoken with my solicitor and as their leases expire you simply set up a "dumby" tennant agreement with an associate, partner or connected company... then do all the leasing as sublets.

The outcome is you control what's happening with your properties and make a motza! Thanks NSW govt!!

cheers Rowdy

There is no way I am going to allow my tennants to sublet. I've spoken with my solicitor and as their leases expire you simply set up a "dumby" tennant agreement with an associate, partner or connected company... then do all the leasing as sublets.
The outcome is you control what's happening with your properties and make a motza! Thanks NSW govt!!
cheers Rowdy

Thanks Rowdy. See Aussies are an inventive lot. For every law there is a loophole and someone willing to exploit it.

Does this fix your problem DanielG? ;)

We inspected a house once, about 30 years ago, that was decorated entirely in mainly black and some white, the exception being the bathroom which was bright red.

We didn't even consider it because we could not have lived with that decor and the price was too high for us to contemplate complete redecoration.
Marg

It was a [black-painted] media room and it looked absolutely lovely.

This of course, is the best reason for black walls. Less light, less reflections. Actually come to think of it, in a proper media room I'd probably be more likely to have black carpet on the walls, than paint.

never tried before, but interested to try painting a room black, put all white furnitures in the room and install some neon lights and see what it looks like.

I'd like to do a poll. For those who own your own home, have you ever painted your walls black? If not, why not?

Back