Understand the math ~ Diet vs Exercise

What weights are used for those tests, like squat, dead ball, etc?

Station 1 - Rowing - Concept 2 Indoor Rower set to #10.
Station 2 - Bench Hop - bench press 55 cm high.
Station 3 - Push up knee tuck - TRX suspension cables - height off the ground is unknown.
Station 4 - Lateral hops - 5 cones 8 cm high and 60 cm apart.
Station 5 - Box jump + burpee - jump box unknown height but it looks like 45 cm.
Station 6 - Chin ups - pull up bar
Station 7 - Squat + Press - barbell, weight unknown
Station 8 - Russian Twist - 9 kg medicine ball
Station 9 - Deadball over the shoulder throw - 9 kg Deadball
Station 10 - Sprint & lateral hop - hurdles, height unknown, distance apart unknown.

All of those events would be easy to smash out full reps/points within the 45 seconds even if unfit, but 10 sets back to back with 15 seconds rest would kill.
Yeah, that's the point of it. BTW, there is no full reps. There is a sliding scale score that just increases the more reps you do. So a super fit person could score more than 1000. :eek:

And, that dead ball event should be at least 25 - 30kg.
As a stand alone exercise, yes, but not in the middle of this lot.

Notes:

Station 1: resistance set to number 10
Station 2: standard bench 55 cm high.
Station 3: feet suspended 30 cm of ground. Attached 2.2 m height.
Station 4: count every cone hop
Station 5: plyometric 55 cm box
Station 6: no kipping. Mid overhand grip. Chin over bar.
Station 7: weights used 20 kg/ 10 kg/ 4 kg
Station 8: weights used 9 kg/ 7 kg/ 4 kg. Feet in air 10 cm.
Station 9: weights used 25 kg/ 15 kg/ 10 kg. Ball passed over alternate shoulders.
Station 10: hurdles are 4 m apart. hurdles 30 cm high.

(from the free F45 playoffs google play app)

I made a bit of an 'oops' on Monday for my workout. I was working down the list of exercises when I noticed that it seemed about twice a long as usual. I accidentally flipped to the 'advanced' workout instead of the next workout in the 'beginner' series that I am doing. :eek:

Running last night was a bit of a struggle after a week off. Still, I finished. 5 min warm up, repeat 5 times of 3 mins running, 60 seconds walking, 5 min cool down. I nearly covered 4 km, so creeping closer to the magic 5 km mark! :cool:

For my work wellness challenge, today I rode to work (1/2 hour), went for a 1/2 walk at lunch time, rode home (1/2 hour), running interval training (1/2 hour) and I'm walking to the shops and back (1/2 hour). All this wellness is wearing me out! :)

I squeezed in a couple of short workouts on the cruise and this one which had my legs sore for a few days afterwards :D

Its a timed workout, so I'll see how I go next time I try it. I did this after lunch so may try it in the morning next time before my body realises what's going on

? 50 Burpees
? 50 Body Weight Squats
? 50 Sit-Ups
? 40 Burpees
? 40 Body Weight Squats
? 40 Sit-Ups
? 30 Burpees
? 30 Body Weight Squats
? 30 Sit-Ups
? 20 Burpees
? 20 Body Weight Squats
? 20 Sit-Ups
? 10 Burpees
? 10 Body Weight Squats
? 10 Sit-Ups

150 of everything by the time you finish in a pool of sweat

150 of everything by the time you finish in a pool of sweat
:eek:

I am just working up to being able to do 20 burpees in a row!

That is a seriously high intensity workout. It's a great workout if you want to smash yourself in a short amount of time. How long do you reckon that takes?

Why do u need to do all this exercise?
Why don't you just do walks etc? Do you actually enjoy it ?

Why? Fun, longevity of life, social, self empowerment, fitness.

Walks? Boring, generally not beneficial.

Enjoy? What's not to enjoy? Getting out in the open air and competing with others or yourself.

pinkboy

Why do u need to do all this exercise?
Why don't you just do walks etc? Do you actually enjoy it ?
I don't need to do all this exercise. I never meant to do this much, it has gotten a little out of hand. I blame my work's wellness challenge for some (but not much) of it.

Let's have a look blow by blow:
- I ride to work and ride home because it is quicker, cheaper and less hassle than catching the bus and the train.
- I go for a walk at lunch time because between now and September if I don't get sunshine at lunch time most days, I'm going to get really, really crabby :mad:
- I have had to go to the shops every day this week and it is way less hassle for me to walk than drive because they are close, so I walk.
- I do run training twice a week because I am going to run a 5k with a mate and want to keep up
- I do resistance training twice a week because I have no upper body strength which, for a healthy male of my age, is pathetic. At the start of this program I couldn't even do one pushup. Also, bone density and all that.
- I do pilates as part of the wellness challenge, which I otherwise would not have done. It's been better than I though. I'm still sore from yesterday though.

To be honest, I do enjoy it. Riding to work is pretty fun as I ride right along the river, so great views and I often get to see dolphins. Running is pretty good too, although I prefer sprinting more. I start a sprinting program in May, so I'm hanging out for that. I like resistance training, especially at the start when I can see big improvement. I particularly like it better now I dropped all the boring exercises I don't like doing and replaced them with better exercises that I do. Ok, so I don't like pilates that much but I do like how I feel afterwards. I can feel the improvement after each session.

But I do not like burpees. There is nothing to like about burpees. :(

Enjoy? What's not to enjoy? Getting out in the open air and competing with others or yourself.
This is true. My local park, where I run twice a week, is very busy. There is a real buzz at the time I run, which is great!

A lot of this for me is setting and meeting personal challenges. At the start, I could not run 5k. At some point, I will be able to. At the start, I couldn't even do one pushup. Soon, I will be able to do 10 and then 20. I like challenging myself and then meeting the challenge.

A lot of this for me is setting and meeting personal challenges. At the start, I could not run 5k. At some point, I will be able to. At the start, I couldn't even do one pushup. Soon, I will be able to do 10 and then 20. I like challenging myself and then meeting the challenge.

^This and what PB said.

My challenge is my local hill. When I first started climbing it I was lucky to climb it in an hour let alone make my way back down again. I have then since set my goal posts in 5 minute increments.

A couple of weeks ago I was stoked to have made the return trip in under 30mins and now I am aiming for sub 25mins. On Tuesday I got 25:36 and I was both stoked to get so close to 25 min but also bummed to just miss out on it too but it's made me even more determined to get back there and beat it.

I see a sub 25 min happening on Saturday! :D

Scratch the part about it being quick. Here are some results: 30 to 40 minutes.

http://tribesports.com/workouts/freeletics-aphrodite

This one only took 7 minutes this arvo (getting a bit quicker but still need my oxygen breaks). Watched some guy do it in 3 minutes 26 here

Full Range of Motion - For Time, as a bonus, nice and quick but still taxing

• 10 Burpees
  • 10 Mountain Climbers
  • 10 Tuck Jumps
  • 25 Burpees
  • 25 Mountain Climbers
  • 25 Tuck Jumps
  • 10 Burpees
  • 10 Mountain Climbers
  • 10 Tuck Jumps

I did this one this morning Perthguy

http://tribesports.com/workouts/freeletics-dione

Not sure where they get 30 minutes from though :eek:

Have a crack on Easter Monday if you have time

• 75 Jumping Jacks
  • 25 Burpees
  • 50 Leg Raises
  • 75 Jumping Jacks
  • 50 Sit-Ups
  • 25 Burpees
  • 75 Jumping Jacks
  • 25 Burpees
  • 50 Leg Raises
  • 75 Jumping Jacks
  • 50 Sit-Ups
  • 25 Burpees
  • 75 Jumping Jacks
  • 25 Burpees
  • 50 Leg Raises
  • 75 Jumping Jacks
  • 50 Sit-Ups
  • 25 Burpees

Sit ups are done this way though

Situps.jpg

I almost feel like doing one of these sets as a challenge, with no training, just to pump one out and feel good.

....almost.....

pinkboy

Back