Understanding what is really happening in the the Property Markets by Michael Yardney

Hi Guys,

Have any of you guys been to this seminar before ? I
(Understanding what is happening in the property markets)
its presented by Michael Yardney and Ed Chan.

If so, would you please kindly share your views here?
Is this REALLY what the title says or is it just some subtle way of advertising his company ?

I've heard alot of negative comments about this and do wonder if its true.
Honest comments are very much appreciated.

G'day xQuIz8,

I haven't been to Michael's seminars before but I have heard him speak, et his regular newsletter and read his 1st book. I have also read most of his posts here on SS especially when he was very active. In all cases I have found his views very plausible and knowledgable. I respect his views whilst not always agreeing with them. I will be going to his seminar in Perth tomorrow and expect to get some useful information whilst also understanding there will be some selling of product or services on offer. The trick is to take the knowledge and services you requiore and leave the remainder.... Simple really.
Don't forget to take pen and paer because there will be useful content. Will it be worth the $80+ dollars?....... Tell you after the event:)

Cheers,

Pud

Michael is a proven expert and seems to walk the talk.
I have paid over $100,000 in education to date and not afraid to keep paying for more because I am always learning, growing and moving upwards, constantly improving. I have over $30,000 in booked seminars and workshops to attend this year alone.

I am currently financially independent and have not ever recieved a single cent in government charity not even as a student! I have zero money in super and do not rely on a job. I live completely off self-created investments!

If you are questioning $90 you need to question why you want to go and consider that he may NOT give you what you want to hear.

Seminars are only WORDS! How those words are recieved and what action you take is totally up to you and you cannot hold anyone else responsible for your own circumstances.

I have purchased tickets for my whole entire company to attend the Yardney event in Adelaide because I believe it will be worth while.

Just one sentence has made the last one worth while for me!

I went to the last Yardney/Chan event and found it to be totally worthwhile. Sure, some of the content will be a refresher, but there is always something new to learn or an idea that can handle a refresher course.
The day after the last event, Michael and his team put on a free breakfast. Being a little cynical, I expected it to be used to promote themselves and their services.
Wrong!
The whole thing was about mindset and making a difference in the world by using the wealth we generate to help others. No sales pitch at all, just a desire by a group people to share their passion for making a difference.
The cost of the next event is a rounding error for most of us and I can think of few people I know who would question the cost, which probably only covers the cost of staging the event and transport costs, anyway.
That's my theory on dinasours :)

I went to the Melbourne one.
Twitch sums it up perfectly.
I also went to one a few years ago. Very much the same message. The stand out difference was a slide and bit of talk about "the perfect storm". You could probably just refer to the thread on here by the same name (started by another Michael).
I didn't get anything new out of it - This forum teaches so much more. But Michael and Ed present very well and it's not a bad day out. Be prepared for an advertising bombardment throughout the day.

I have paid over $100,000 in education to date and not afraid to keep paying for more because I am always learning, growing and moving upwards, constantly improving.

Oh. My. God.

If I had dropped $100k on property investing I would be about 70% of the way to being retired instead of being only 20% of the way there.

Bugger learning, growing and moving upwards - Im content to be independently wealthy.

Oh. My. God.

If I had dropped $100k on property investing I would be about 70% of the way to being retired instead of being only 20% of the way there.

Bugger learning, growing and moving upwards - Im content to be independently wealthy.

Crikey do you mean I could have done it all without spending any money?
DOH!!!! Now you tell me ;)

Maybe others are smarter than me but I found learning from other people invaluable. I love attending live seminars and I personally get so much more out of them. I don't believe I would be where I am today if I didn't have the personal coaching that I had!

I also listen to audios and read books constantly (a book per week actually) but for me nothing beats the energy of an enthusiastic speaker.

I'm going to the Brisbane seminar, and expect 99% of it to be 'refresher' stuff, but I'm sure the 1% that I learn on the day will be well worth the ticket price.

Come to think of it, a 100% refresher is worth the ticket price. It's easy to get caught up in the day-to-day and even hearing stuff again that you've already learned previously is valuable.

-Ian

Wouldn,t be good at all if you don,t have any equity.

Hi Guys,

Have any of you guys been to this seminar before ? I
(Understanding what is happening in the property markets)
its presented by Michael Yardney and Ed Chan.

If so, would you please kindly share your views here?
Is this REALLY what the title says or is it just some subtle way of advertising his company ?

I've heard alot of negative comments about this and do wonder if its true.
Honest comments are very much appreciated.

Wouldn,t be good at all for any one without equity!!!!! Do you have a lot of equity ??? It might be good for you.

Books a magazines are the best as we have all read, i think when they are written as much info as poss goes into them, im sure no one thinks as they write the lit ,no we will keep that little idea for the seminar?

Books a magazines are the best as we have all read, i think when they are written as much info as poss goes into them, im sure no one thinks as they write the lit ,no we will keep that little idea for the seminar?

No amount of experience can predict what questions some attendees will ask on the day. Those q&a won't be in their books.

I went to Michael and Ed's seminar yesterday and found the content useful.

Michael's section covered some stats on the current property trends and the financial situation with Michael explaining the thoughts behind his views. He also reinforced his long held strategy for wealth accumulation through property which includes adding value by renos or development to create your own capital growth. He also spent some time on the mindset of investors, something I totally believe in as does Xenia. Of course all of the above was interspersed with promotion of Michael's products which is fair enough.

Ed Chan gave us some stats on historical values since 1953 in decade increments stopping at 2013 with a glimpse into what the next 5 years may hold. This was by way of what the financial markets look like doing with the USA nonrecourse loans fallout having a way to go yet. Non bank lenders are coming back into the market now with some semblence of normalcy (what ever that is) within 6 months. He gave us some other stats including Australia's debt at 1 trillion dollars to indicate skewed reporting by the media when they don't include that our assets are about 6 trillion dollars.
He spoke about debit being a tool to buy time and create wealth - used analogies to demonstrate good debt - bad debt such as good cholesterol - bad cholesterol. Debt is like a hammer - you can use it to demolish/destroy something or to create something beautiful. He explained the concept of operating in the Balance sheet side of the equation as opposed to the Profit and Loss side to create wealth... as wealthy people do. He then spent a lot of time explaining trusts and the benefits they provide. Naturally he explained his own trademarked trust and why it has more benefits then your average garden variety trust. Even though this was Ed's 'sell' section I got a lot of knowledge from this because I know nothing about trusts.

I think this is the crux of the matter when going to these types of seminars.... If you are a well seasoned, experienced investor then you might not get a lot of new information although you will get reinforcement of what you already now. I got most from Ed's section because that is where my knowledge lacks the most. That is not to say Michael's section was not value; just that I knew more of what he was saying.

So to answer the original question..... Is it worth the admittance fee? If you have to ask the question then I would say definitely yes, especially if you are new to property investing. I was happy with value for money and thank Michael and Ed for the presentation. Happy Father's Day to you both.

Cheers, Pud

I went to Michael and Ed's seminar yesterday and found the content useful.

So to answer the original question..... Is it worth the admittance fee? If you have to ask the question then I would say definitely yes, especially if you are new to property investing. I was happy with value for money and thank Michael and Ed for the presentation. Happy Father's Day to you both.

Cheers, Pud

Thanks Pud

It's very difficult when you have 3-400 people in a room who are all at different levels of property investment.

How do you cater for some with out boring others? So of course not all the content can be new (since most of the room had not heard me speak before I had to cover fundamentals) and not all of the content will be relevant to everyone.

I still read books, go to seminars, buy CD's and DVD's - and even though I know a bit about real estate I am happy to pick up a few points or distinctions.

And Happy Fathers day to you. I flew back early to be with my kids today.

Back