Unique investment property in bowen basin

I'm pretty sure it used to be a motel. Rubyvale is a quaint place...been there once years ago...fossiking for gemstones.

It used to be a pretty rough town, surrounded by cattle properties. In and adjacent to the town, were hundreds of "sheds"...corrogated iron things with dirt floors, which people erected and lived in while they worked their claims. Not much of a tourist town, as you could get there in a day and back from nearby Emerald.

I'm pretty sure it used to be a motel. Rubyvale is a quaint place...been there once years ago...fossiking for gemstones.

It used to be a pretty rough town, surrounded by cattle properties. In and adjacent to the town, were hundreds of "sheds"...corrogated iron things with dirt floors, which people erected and lived in while they worked their claims. Not much of a tourist town, as you could get there in a day and back from nearby Emerald.

Thought it might of been a motel or old brothel lol
Used to visit rubyvale gemmies a few times had my 18th there lots of uninvited guest turned up.
surely contractors from the surrounding districts
would consider renting these rooms.
Seems agent is selling as a house.

30 years ago I used to work in Sapphire & Rubyvale replacing the old telephone exchanges (the old magneto type)....and the one in Emerald too. If the local miners did not like something - they blew it up! Couple of sticks of Gelly and problem solved. Hope they like their stay in this place ....otherwise :eek:

30 years ago I used to work in Sapphire & Rubyvale replacing the old telephone exchanges (the old magneto type)....and the one in Emerald too. If the local miners did not like something - they blew it up! Couple of sticks of Gelly and problem solved. Hope they like their stay in this place ....otherwise :eek:

Gosh! That was when I was there. Do you remember the Saturday night dances in the corrogated iron shed? Everyone around for miles used to come. All the bushies would bring their dogs...there was always a dog fight.:p

Gosh! That was when I was there. Do you remember the Saturday night dances in the corrogated iron shed? Everyone around for miles used to come. All the bushies would bring their dogs...there was always a dog fight.:p

Wow Sailor - it is a small world. Most week-ends I'd head off out of the place, so I didn't get to the Saturday night dancing :) I do remember the Thai sapphire buyers (and gem cutters) and some guy that used to drive around in a gold Trans-Am on those rough dirt/gravel roads because it was 'comfortable' :p

don't think gelly is much of a problem anymore lol

had my 18th there 12yrs ago no idea what it was like 30yrs ago:p

Only one thing to keep an eye on in Rubyvale is most of the land there is leasehold - rather than freehold. Would have to check when the lease expires.

Looks like a pretty interesting place. I'm sure you could do something with it. I've never come across it in my travels out to the Gemmies; spent a fair few weekends chasing rocks when I was living in Emerald.
Over the past couple of years, places in Sapphire/Rubyvale/Anakie (as well as Willows) have gone up a fair bit in price.

This property is a bit over an hour away from the new mine opening in Alpha. There was a new one on the cards between Emerald and the Gemmies, but haven't heard anything about that one going ahead for a while.

Only one thing to keep an eye on in Rubyvale is most of the land there is leasehold - rather than freehold. Would have to check when the lease expires.

Looks like a pretty interesting place. I'm sure you could do something with it. I've never come across it in my travels out to the Gemmies; spent a fair few weekends chasing rocks when I was living in Emerald.
Over the past couple of years, places in Sapphire/Rubyvale/Anakie (as well as Willows) have gone up a fair bit in price.

This property is a bit over an hour away from the new mine opening in Alpha. There was a new one on the cards between Emerald and the Gemmies, but haven't heard anything about that one going ahead for a while.

Yeah heard they are opening around the beef road property certainly looks interesting.
talked to a mate who works out that way and says there is alot of projects on the cards. It's not in my criteria atm but sure someone would do well with it.

Back