Unique Xmas Presents for those difficult to buy for....

For those of you who celebrate Xmas (whether devoutly, kicking & screaming or to get a good haul), it's time to start planning the best presents for those awkward to buy for friends & relatives.

What great gifts are you plan to give/have given/have received to spark everyone else's ideas for their Xmas shopping?

Here's my contribution:

For kids who are interested in living things or forensics:

The Discovery Kids Ultimate Labs DNA Explorer
For US$79.95, your TEN YEAR OLD can be the first on her block to explore DNA mapping on the kitchen table!

"...the first to feature a bona fide centrifuge and electrophoresis chamber -- [it] will turn your kid on to the intricacies of genetics at an even younger age. Realistic lab equipment transforms the kitchen into a forensics lab, where your breakfast-bar biologist can extract clumps of real DNA from fruits and vegetables or solve "crimes" by revealing DNA "fingerprints"--telltale blue protein stripes in a gel mixture."

http://www.popsci.com/popsci/bown/2003/article/0,18881,537113,00.html

--

For that Lord of the Rings Fan:

Officially licensed LOTR Narsil
For around US$400
United® Cutlery's next adult collectible reproduction sword featured in "The Lord of the Rings" films is Narsil®, the mighty sword of King Elendil. Narsil® is perhaps the most famous sword in the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy. At the end of the second age of Middle-earth, Narsil's blade was shattered as Elendil fell during the Last Alliance of Elves and Men in the great battle against Sauron. Isuldur, Elendil's son, then used the broken hilt of Narsil® to cut "The One Ring" from Sauron's finger, breaking the bonds of his power, banishing his evil shadow into the darkness. Features include antique silver plated metal handle parts with 24-K gold plated fittings and genuine leather-wrapped grip. Engraved on the pommel are runes in the Elven language of Sindarin that say "Narsil is my name, a mighty sword; Telchar made me in Nogrod".

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2203792638

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Hi Bundy

You can still find genuine Bell Boy Money Boxes at antique shops and some times at garage sales, but there is alot of new ones around so be careful when you buy.

I came across a real one not to long ago at a garage sale, someone had filled it with concrete and had been using it as a door stop !!!

Regards
Simon H
:(

has Jas finished all the renovations now acey?you no longer need to read the hardware leaflets for her too find the best buys for her reno work.
jee wiz l hope santa brings you a DIY book.
but then again you already have your own living, working, moving ,living doll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
merry xmas
acey beer time in Perth
cheers yadreamin

Back