Units in Merewether for sale

yes, as the valuers keep telling me, the market is soft, dead and coming back :) everywhere

perhaps you bought sensationally well which contributes a bunch to the result

ta

rolf

Well done Lizzie, that view is absolutely fantastic.

If you don't mind, can you share with us details about when you purchased the place? Just wanted to get an idea of how it has performed.

It was a bit of a funny story - so can't really use the price bought for 14 months ago as a guide.

The owner of the flats knocked on our door - we lived next door at that time - and asked if we wanted to buy for $X as he needed the cash in a hurry. Just about fell over ourselves buying it before he changed his mind. We knew it was a real bargin.

Previous owner was at the auction the other day ... he left looking really grumpy at the result.

good stuff lizzie since you guys only bought it in March this year for $500K. You will be paying CGT on the entire profit?

good stuff lizzie since you guys only bought it in March this year for $500K. You will be paying CGT on the entire profit?

We bought over 12 months ago - June-ish 2011. Don't know where you got the March 2012 stuff from.

Combine with them being negatively geared - tax will be minimal

Pricefinder has it contracts March 2012 with settlement May 2012 so wonder where else the date is wrong and what fun you will have trying to clear that up.

Ah well - I have the original contracts and settlement statements. Tax office will be fine.

As for the websites and their misinformation - pfffft - whatever. Not my problem. They got the months right but the year wrong.

Back